Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traysee88
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV Black Screen of Death....anyone else?

Over the weekend, one of my two TCL Roku Tvs went black.  It flickers for a moment when I turn it on, then black.  It still has audio.  This happened once before on the same tv, but after about three days it started working again.  I have tried all tye tricks multiple times but nothing has worked.  I suspect last time this happened it was an issue with a software update due to some other posts on here.  So I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem?  I checked for updates on my other tv and it says it is up to date.  Thanks in advance. #tcl #blackscreen 

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Renzo242

Re: TCL Roku TV Black Screen of Death....anyone else?

Got buzzing sounds from my speakers on the 70inch television and now white screen lessss than a year old

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Traysee88, @Renzo242,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate the details about the issue going on. We'd like to know more about this.

Have you tried power cycling the device, unplugging it, waiting for at least 10–15 minutes, and seeing if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

If the issue persists, we suggest contacting TCL support to inquire further to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty or repair services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Traysee88
Reel Rookie

Hi Rey!  I have power cycled yes, done a hard reset, tried the remote trick, all of it.  I am hoping it will come back up like last time.  I believe i reached out to TCL last time, but I will again.  I do have am extended warranty.  I am just wondering at what point do i give up and get a new TV?  The TV is only 18 months old.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.