Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcscrogs
Reel Rookie

TCL (Roku) Black Screen after Update (8-10-24)

Jump to solution

I am going to copy/paste something else from this forum, which PERFECTLY describes what I'm encountering...

THIS is the permalink (I think) for it.

But I will also just copy/paste the entire original message, which is below:

=============================================================

njrichie
Reel Rookie
‎10-26-2022 01:34 PM
[OS 11.5] Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

"We have received reports that some customers with the above TV models are unable to see any display on their units following a software update.

We are currently investigating and working diligently with Roku to address this issue. There is no need to contact us. Updates will be posted on this page.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

Its TRUE right after the update my Roku 43S431 TV went dark. Spent the whole day trying to restore with no success. This is what happens when there is a BUG in the update software.  My other Roku TV model was not affected after the same update. Hopefully they come up with a fix. Its update 11.5.0 Build 4235

https://support.tcl.com/notice

=============================================================

My TV's:

55":

• Device type: 55" TCL Roku TV
  • Serial number: X01200SYEJG3
  • Added: Jul 18, 2022

32":

• Device type: 32" onn. Roku TV
  • Serial number: X02700P00YNN
  • Added: Sep 11, 2023

The dates listed SHOULD BE the dates they were purchased (or, at least VERY close to it).

And like with the bottom paragraph above, I also have two different TCL TV's (one a 55", the other a 32") both on the same network. The thing is, I noticed when the 55" updated, but not the 32" (so I assume they both updated at the same time).

It's now Saturday, 8-10-24, and the update was Thursday 8-8-24 (I'm fairly certain) and the big TV (actually both) worked perfectly for a bit... then the big one (55") just slowly went dark... and never came back on... (though I can tell if it's powered on, as the screen does turn on, but stays completely black).

I just now checked to see if holding the RESET button did anything, but it doesn't.

I also checked the 32" to see if it had any updates available, and it doesn't.

PLEASE tell me that my big TV isn't dead.

OH, and also, how to fix it...

Please...

=========

EDIT:

I just wanted to add, that when I was testing the reset button, that I did it multiple times, and the TV would seemingly turn off, the back on, then just stay on, no change afterward.

The longest I held it was around 1-2 minutes, (I wasn't timing precisely, just by counting...)

=========

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL (Roku) Black Screen after Update (8-10-24)

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @jcscrogs!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will help you contact the right support regarding this concern. 

Since you've already tried factory resetting your Roku device to no avail, we highly recommend reaching out to your TV manufacturer. They manufacture their own player hardware and can further assist you with issues like this. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You may reach them here:

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jcscrogs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @jcscrogs!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will help you contact the right support regarding this concern. 

Since you've already tried factory resetting your Roku device to no avail, we highly recommend reaching out to your TV manufacturer. They manufacture their own player hardware and can further assist you with issues like this. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You may reach them here:

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcscrogs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response, and forgive my delay in responding.

Ok, I'll explore the options you provided, and, if I figure it out (or anything pertinent) I'll update this thread.

EDIT:

Until I either am able to fix my TV...

OR

Find out DEFINITIVELY that it's OFFICIALLY dead...

I won't mark -THIS- as a SOLUTION.

(But I WILL, when I KNOW...)

Again, I do appreciate your help.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.