Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khdanbo8

Is my Roku TV broken? please help

I’ve had it for 2 years now. Worked fine yesterday, no issues. Now when I turn it on the Roku logo appears for longer than usual accompanied by a red flashing light. The screen will go black quickly for second and then show the Roku logo for a couple more seconds then it will take you to the home menu. After about 10 seconds on the Home menu the TV turns itself off and then repeats the cycle continuously until I unplug it or turn it off via remote during the time it’s on the home menu.

I’m not sure what to do. Is it broken?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is my Roku TV broken? please help

Welcome to the Roku Community, @khdanbo8!

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'd be more than willing to help you determine the cause and provide an accurate resolution.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Did your TV recently receive any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered the issue? 
  • If so, what is your current running software version? 

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alfredojahn
Channel Surfer

I've taken a picture of this information so I have it if I ever can't get into my system. If this person's system is rebooting over and over, they won't be able to go into Settings > System > About. 🙂

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @alfredojahn.

Thanks for reminding me. 😊

In this case, please provide me with the serial number located at the back of your TV, @khdanbo8. Also, the additional information requested above. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.