Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CH31
Reel Rookie

Roku TV will stop showing the antenna channels

Jump to solution

Additionally, I scan for antenna channels, and they are found. I see them in the guide, but as soon as I leave the screen they all disappear and I need to rescan for them to reappear.

We purchased this tv to go in our RV, when we travel. We had bad weather and couldn’t watch local channels for live information. We are extremely disappointed in this tv, as it will not serve the purpose we purchased to use it for. Clearly it was a mistake to purchase without research. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Adding OTA local stations manually on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @CH31,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We will be delighted to assist you further with your issue on your antenna channels. Please try to check whether the antenna channel tile or live TV is shown on your home screen. If you can see that tile, try to open it to see if the channels you want to view are available.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CH31,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We will be delighted to assist you further with your issue on your antenna channels. Please try to check whether the antenna channel tile or live TV is shown on your home screen. If you can see that tile, try to open it to see if the channels you want to view are available.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CH31
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is a “Live TV” tile and when I opened it today, the channels are still there. Previously they disappeared each time I turned off the tv or navigated to different screens. Thank you!

0 Kudos
john9991
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

same problem.  local ota channels gone.

john

0 Kudos
john9991
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

2tvs, both same issues.

Hisense 7 series 50

g222x

x01300fhmmvs

12.0.0 build 4190 ch

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @john9991,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your OTA channels that are gone. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. When did you start experiencing this issue? Have you tried the steps suggested by @RokuJohnB above? Please check out this support article on setting up the live TV input on Roku TV.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
john9991
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes tried all steps.  only way to show antenna stations is to block streaming stations.  once you unblock streaming stations, antenna stations disappear.  waiting for call from roku manager.  getting runaround between tv maker hisense and roku.  

0 Kudos
OldCoachV

Jump to solution

John, I have the same issue but can confirm your solution.  Please pass it on.

If I open the guide by selecting Home > Live TV > Live Guide I only see the streaming channels.  Even if I have them "unselected".

If I open the guide by selecting Home and then scroll to the Live Guide tile under Apps & Inputs I can see antenna & streaming channels.

Hope this helps,

Paolo

0 Kudos
Joe42

Jump to solution

Great tip!

0 Kudos
Kimby1

Jump to solution

Antenna TV displays channel number which I am familiar so I turned off my router to get air broadcasts till I'm ready to stream again

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.