Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Roku Plus TV Base not stable

Jump to solution

8 days ago I purchased a 55" Roku Plus TV. As I was securing the legs to the TV and realized the screws would not go in all the way (even with a lubricant) so it was wobbly.  I should have returned it to Best Buy, but instead I used a washer and small nut to go on the screw and take up the extra space.  Seemed fine and stable.  Today, while watching the tv, it slipped off the legs, crashing into a table and chair. I'm assuming that over the 8 days, the vibration from the speakers loosened the screws till they finally came out.  Broken glass and some minor furniture damage.  The TV is a goner, of course.  So glad no one was hurt but in different circumstances it could have been dangerous.  Tried to contact Roku and let them know about it so the issue can be fixed before someone is hurt.  They don't have a support email so I've tried contacting them via Twitter.  It was a nice TV.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Base on Roku TV not stable

Jump to solution

Greetings @tmroz 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Plus TV. I can completely understand the frustration that this may have caused, especially with a brand new TV.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further with your issue.

If you need further assistance in the future with another issue, please don't hesitate in posting again in the Roku Community.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @tmroz 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Plus TV. I can completely understand the frustration that this may have caused, especially with a brand new TV.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further with your issue.

If you need further assistance in the future with another issue, please don't hesitate in posting again in the Roku Community.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thomas14

Jump to solution

Hi i have lost the screws for the base and can’t find info of what type of screws i need 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @Thomas14,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We are happy to help.

We believe this support article may help answer your question. Roku-Made TV Mount Spec Chart

Please keep us posted what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Domalmo

Jump to solution

Hello I just purchased a Roku TV today. I am having problems with the screws as well. They won't screw in all the way making the t.v unstable. They legs are very loose and unstable. It's a 40' select series. What should I do? I like the t.v but the legs will not screw in.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Domalmo,

We're delighted to have you as a part of the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku TV. We're pleased to assist.

In this situation, it would be best to contact our Support team. They have dedicated support channels, including email, chat, and phone support, to help customers in your situation. You can contact them here

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gotfeathers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Found this by Googling the problem, it worked for me on my Roku.  Absolutely stunning that this would be required without any instructions or warning about it.https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-troubleshooting/02-im-having-trouble-attaching-the-base-stand-to-my