Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathylynch

Re: TCL 55" Roku TV screen is black but audio is still coming out

I have the same issue and my TV is just 2 years old I will not purchase another TLC product.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kathylynch @Burrcool 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that after unplugging the TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in again, they were able to resolve the issue. Have you tried this method already?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Exasperated
Reel Rookie

I have been trying for three months and it doesn’t work. TV is not even 2 years old.

JasonT
Reel Rookie

It's not a Roku problem. This is the backlight in the TV failing. This is a TCL problem. Mine quit for good. If you Google "TCL backlight problems" You'll see this is actually a fairly big problem with TCL TVs. I've realized that TCL just makes bad TVs. None of the repair shops in my area will fix a TCL TV, they refuse. TCL Support won't do anything. Basically I'll never buy a TCL again. 

abekhechi
Reel Rookie

same problem with TCL 65" 

0 Kudos
raymonds12

My TV is just out of warranty and it's doing the same thing Back I was watching it and volume with still on. The TV. Is 14 months old. Call tcl customer service and didn't get any help at all.

0 Kudos
abekhechi
Reel Rookie

Re: TV Screen

MY six months old TCL 65" is gone black with only sound ...I had to unplug my cable box two times and restart it again to get the TV to work...and this is happening every other day...Not normal..I see that too many people are experiencing the same thing

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@raymonds12 @abekhechi 

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, customers have reported that after unplugging the TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in again, they were able to resolve the issue. Have you tried this method already?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R 

That is not fix that temp fix to it just happens again.... cause  roku is pushing updates that highly buggy.

Roku should not be expecting people to  such thing on weekly or even daily basis, cause roku is gona drag the feet to fix issue that should never been there in first place if stuff was test proper.

And see ROKU OS runs  multiple brands of tv that all have these same issue. ROKU should be doing much BETTER TESTING

Billy01581

I’m having the exact same issue. Have tried every method of resetting that I could find online and none of them work. Is there something internal that I could replace maybe?

0 Kudos