Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsunami231
Roku Guru

Re: TCL 55" Roku TV screen is black but audio is still coming out

seeing it the software roku is pushing that causing the issue probably not, if you tv is under warranty you talk to manufacture i guess

0 Kudos
Shalom

5 month old, little used TCL Roku TV is doing the same thing. Started sporadically and I thought it just needed time to warm up, but now it seems to be permanently dark. Hopefully others see these forums and do not buy these products. Roku should definitely stop partnering with TCL. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Shalom 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that after unplugging the TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in again, they were able to resolve the issue. Have you tried this method already?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Having the same problem here. Reset as told and works until you turn tv off. Then it happens all over again. On the phone with Tech support right now and am being told by Marge that because I bought the TV 2 years ago that she can't help me.( I have the extended warranty but that don't count.) Asked to talk to someone who can. Am on hold once again. (this has been happening since the day I bought it) back on hold again. Am going to also contact the Ellen Degeneres show to not give these TV nightmares away anymore.

okay gonna try this post again. Talked to Marge and because my TV is over 2 years old she says she can't help. Asked to talk with her supervisor (waiting for a call back) Low and behold, TV came back on. Shows me they are in control. Don't give up.

ask to talk to a supervisor amazing how it all of a sudden starts working

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Ciaraper4_ru wrote: Low and behold, TV came back on. Shows me they are in control. 

Look at your tv's home>settings>system>system update. It should show the date it was last updated. I'm curious if they rolled you back to a prior update? or sent the "get well" signal (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) to the tv. I've seen some speculation on the internet (and I'm wondering about it too), if there's not some "planned obsolescence" going on. After so many hours watching your tv, "time's up." Or, someone thinks it's time for you to be "motivated" to buy a new tv. A signal's sent: "exhibit problem #642.").

It would be nice to know if you got rolled back, and it's not that calculated. It sounds nutty. But, Apple was exposed to be doing that.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

The updates come from roku, atlest the TCL ones I was told they dont control the updates or when they going out, It all up to Roku.

Either way the Black out I was having which where HDMI handshake issue were fixed with the last update 9.4.0 4200-30.

Now the other issue with update, that another story. I pretty much restart my tv every few days.

I already made up my mind though I will never by Roku Based TV again, The current issue with Actionsmoothing getting glitched on even though every input and every possible setting has it set off, is really getting on my last nerve, and pulling the power and system restart dont always fix it, I think something made mention of that issue be cause by HDR in another thread.

2 or 3 tv suffer from this issue and 3 dont suffer from simply cause the tv dont even support actionsmoothing

I actual stop read stuff here cause more I read the more I dislike roku

JennSm

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@JasonT 

Thanks for the information regarding the issue you are experiencing.

As stated in my previous post, customers have reported that after unplugging the TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in again, they were able to resolve the issue. Have you tried this method already?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

It has been stated with every post that unpluging, reset and factory resets were done and did not resolve the issue.

JennSm

Would you happen to know where to get the LED back lights. 

0 Kudos