RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stuttering Audio when streaming

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jeans

Thanks for the updates.

Could you please specify the channel that is having the issue? Also, could you please confirm if you've performed the troubleshooting steps we have provided for you to try?

Please do keep us informed of any developments, and we will do our utmost to support you in resolving the issue at hand.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeans
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear @RokuTakashi,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, I performed the mentioned steps. 

The channel is wow: https://channelstore.roku.com/de-de/details/125f0536c6faa5f41240888f154d7c38/wow

Should I search for the link in English? 

Best regards 

Jeans

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jeans,

Thanks for the update! 

In cases like this where the issue is isolated to a specific channel. This needs to be reported immediately to the channel support team for additional review.

Most of the channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel providers themselves.

You can contact them here: Customer Service Support

Let us know how things turn out!

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Jeans
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTakashi

THe support wanted to come back to me but I'm afraid the issue still persists on other channels: Netflix (now again) , Amazon prime. So I don't believe it's the problem of the channel but of the stick.

Best regards 

Jens 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jeans,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to further investigate this issue. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Have you already restarted the router of your wireless network connection and also restarted your Roku device?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeans
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuJohnB,

Thanks for your response. Sorry for my late reply. 

The device is about 8m away from the router, no real wall. 

I restarted the router (again) and it worked for the last days. Yesterday, the stuttering was there again and today it was more, just before the restart.

Restarting Roku device was already done. 

Best regards 

Jens 

0 Kudos
turnkit

Jump to solution

Same problem for me using Netflix. It’s barely usable. 

I suggest the best way to handle this is to buy a firestick or appleTV and stop using the Roku soundbar for streaming but only for audio. 

also be sure to leave the product an honest review at retailers. 

roku won’t do the hardware software engineering tests before they release code unless they learn the hard way not to break our devices with bad software updates. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.