Lilac4334
Reel Rookie

Streambar sound doesn’t turn off

I do not have a Roku TV. When I use the sleep timer on my tv, the streambar keeps playing. I have reset it using the menus and unplugged it to rest it.  Unplugging it worked temporarily, that day the sound went off with the tv, however, it is once again playing after the tv goes off. Please help me resolve this so it’s not playing all night. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar sound doesn’t turn off

Hi @Lilac4334,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be more than happy to look into this further. For us to help you better, may we know what specific model your soundbar is? What kind of remote have you used to turn off your TV? Have you used the TV's remote or the soundbar remote?

We look forward to your response, and we are more than eager to find the best resolution possible.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lilac4334
Reel Rookie

For us to help you better, may we know what specific model your soundbar is? I have a 9102R Roku Streambar. My TV is a non-Roku Samsung and I use the remote that came with my tv to set the sleep timer. When the tv goes off at the end of the timer, the sound on the Roku streambar continues to play. I can only stop it by waking up and using the Roku remote to mute it or press the home button, which negates the use of the sleep timer if I have to wake up to turn off the sound. I tried resetting the Roku and unplugging it, and making sure it’s updated and turning auto-play video on and off as suggested in a different response. When I first set it all up, the sound did not continue after the tv turned off with the sleep timer. This is a newer occurrence, the last 5 or 6 months now. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Lilac4334

We appreciate you for providing the additional information we have requested. We'd like to request the details below since we'll review this occurrence and investigate it further. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have these details, we'll be able to forward them to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.