Rdhasket
Reel Rookie

Streambar playback issues

Jump to solution

I have 800 mbps fiber internet with a moderately new Mesh wifi system. I have to restart my Streambar (9th gen not the Pro) almost twice daily just to function on Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube TV. Hulu has sound synching issues. Netflix slows down to nothing,  and Youtube will play slow sound with fast video to be out of synch by 5 minutes or more. Youtube TV usually doesn't resolve with a restart, but the others do. I have no issues with Disney plus, Max, and Paramount Plus. I own two 5th gen Roku Premiers with absolutely no issues on the same Mesh network. What is wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar playback issues

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @rkmcniel!

We understand your concerns with the Roku stream bar and are here to help!

If you notice that the sound from your Roku Streambar does not match the picture on your TV, you have likely encountered an audio/video synchronization error or A/V sync error. One reason for this can be when you see an actor speaking on-screen and notice that their lip movement does not match the words coming from their mouth. This type of A/V sync error is often referred to more precisely as a lip-sync error. 

For further information on how to resolve this issue, please visit our support page. There, you can learn why the sound from my Roku Streambar is out of sync with the picture

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rdhasket,

Thank you for raising this issue with us, and welcome to the Roku Commuinity!
We will be more than happy to assist you with your Roku streambar issue. Please check out this support article here on why the sound from my Roku Streambar is out of sync with the picture.

Let us know how it works and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Rdhasket
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is a multifaceted issue. Sound synching is only a small part of it. Multiple apps are failing.

MisterTea04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've had nothing but performance issues with my Streambar. At best, it is very slow to respond to any user input. All the apps seem to run much slower than my other Roku products (none of which I have any issues with). I'm using an ethernet connection and this same connection wasn't an issue for the previous Roku device.

Netflix stutters, Max takes forever to navigate through the shows, etc.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rdhasket @MisterTea04,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you have a strong internet connection, yet you're still having problems with your Roku streambar. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us with more details.

• How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via wired or wireless connection?
  • How far is your Roku streambar from your network router?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a content?

Please be advised that the Roku streambar highly depends on the internet. Try to restart your modem and router, for it will improve better at finding channels with less traffic, subsequently raise a router's performance speed, and clear cache. You can also try using cellular data, so we can try connecting your Roku streambar to your hotspot to see if there are differences in streaming performance.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rdhasket
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am using a Deco M5 Mesh system. The Soundbar is about 15 feet from the nearest unit.

I am getting no error messages from the Roku device.

0 Kudos
MisterTea04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My streambar is connected to my Ubiquiti wired Ethernet network via a TrendNet USB Ethernet adapter (one of the two recommended models). It's about 15 feet away from my network rack. I don't get any error codes, but the red LED on the streambar flashes occasionally. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rdhasket @MisterTea04,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

Please try to power cycle your Roku Streambar by unplugging it from the wall outlet for a minute and then plugging it back in right after. This can clear temporary glitches and improve system performance. Also, do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your Roku Streambar to your hotspot? Using a mobile hotspot, we can determine if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EvaBraun

Jump to solution

Thank you for the link, you made my day.

Spoiler
The issues you're experiencing with your 9th-gen Roku Streambar on Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube TV could be related to a variety of factors. It's possible that the device itself may have some compatibility or hardware issues with these specific apps. Ensure that your Streambar has the latest firmware update, and consider contacting Roku support to check for known issues and possible solutions. Also, make sure your Mesh network's signal strength is strong in the area where the Streambar is located, and that there are no signal interference issues, as streaming quality can be affected by network stability. If the problem persists, Roku support or the respective app's customer service may offer more specific troubleshooting steps for these platform-specific issues. I found this wonderful website, https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/child-abuse/, when looking for essay examples online. It's a great source for obtaining free essay examples that will be very helpful for your personal essay-writing assignments. The website provides a large selection of essay samples on many different subjects, including ones that are neighborhood-related. For your writing assignments, these examples are a terrific source of inspiration and direction. 
0 Kudos
mrubano
Channel Surfer

Re: Stream bar playback issues

Jump to solution

I have worked for the largest cable company in the US, so I have seen this thousands of times.
Your issue is usually a wifi related problem (95% of the time). Unfortunately, Roku speaker bars don't have an ethernet port to test so you will need to move the stream bar closer to your wifi router, or move your router closer to the stream bar.
If you live in an apartment building the 2.4g wifi network is useless for streaming. The reason for that is that the 2.4g wifi only has 11 channels (frequencies). If you can see 10 or more wifi devices when you scan for wifi connections you MUST use the 5g wifi. The average home has 12 to 15 devices connected to their router, so if you can see 10 wifi networks that means there is around 150 devices sharing the 11 channels that 2.4 wifi broadcast. The 5g network has many more channels than the 2.4g wifi.
Other common things that will impact streaming (or wifi connections) is the construction of your home. If your home has cement, or cinder block weight bearing walls the wifi signal will not pass through cement.
Most home require some sort of "mesh" wifi if larger than 800 sq ft.
I live in an 1100 sq ft apt and have 3 mesh devices broadcasting wifi, and the 2,4g network will not stream reliably because of all the other wifi networks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.