Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcrysler
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar Pro disconnects from internet and requires reset

I just bought one of these to replace a Roku Ultra and, unfortunately, am experiencing the same issues and it is extremely frustrating! I’ll have a show streaming perfectly fine, then it starts to buffer and then the device says there is no internet connection. Not a single device on my network, including other Roku Stick+ devices, have this issue. Just the streambar pro. The only thing that fixes it is to go to network settings and run a test. It immediately reconnects and it’s fine. PLEASE have the team there issue an update!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mcrysler

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that buffering issues are typically caused by wireless network issues. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network? Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mcrysler
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

Yes, I have rebooted everything. No other device on my network has issues and the Streambar Pro is located within two feet of my router. Happens a couple of times a day now. 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @mcrysler

Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
JTNorth

I am seeing the same behavior.  It is not a network issue.  Everything else (100 devices) on the WiFi network continues to work perfectly.

SN: YL009L603892

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JTNorth,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot Network issues: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

We also recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. In addition, I'd also suggest trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot just to isolate the internet connection issue from the Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JTNorth

Hello RokuMary

I do appreciate the reply (becoming a rare thing to even get a support reply from companies).

The response seems to be disregarding the previous comments and information given.

This is NOT a WiFi issue (as stated by everyone before, including me).

Every other device (over 100) all work flawlessly.  The WiFi is a high end Ubiquiti system that leverages 5 access points, the closest one being less than 10 feet away.

It is a known issue (to the community at least) with the soundbar pro.

I am in the same boat as the others where a different Roku (ie Roku Premium) has worked great for years.  But the second we move to a soundbar pro this issue arises.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jed

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JTNorth

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GGman
Reel Rookie

My new STREAMBAR Pro was installed yesterday by Best Buy and worked great. Today it started flashing red on the bar telling me it had lost internet connection. I tried everything to reconnect with no success. It won’t even display the networks available to connect to. I reconnected my old Apple TV and it works fine. So it’s NOT my Internet connection. It’s the STREAMBAR. Roku support said they’d call me within 24 hours. I’m contacting Best Buy Geek squad tomorrow to either get a new one or go with another product.

0 Kudos
GGman
Reel Rookie

This is a follow up. The customer service at Geek Squad said they thought the problem with my new STREAMBAR was a ‘ power issue’ perhaps a defective cord or internal damage. So I exchanged the defective one for a new one which will be installed this Friday. I hope it works and continues to work. Because if it happens again I’m returning it for a refund. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos