cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roadiebob
Reel Rookie

Stream bar sound problem while watching YouTube

Jump to solution

I have a Roku stream bar and have had problems pretty much every day with it starting out with no sound on youtube videos. It is not muted. I have tried toggling the mute function, but the sound still does not come up. I need to exit youtube and then reload it. After that, the sound works. I have not noticed this problem in any other place, but I do spend probably 80 pct of my time in youtube. This happens once or twice a day. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
roadiebob
Reel Rookie

Re: Stream bar sound problem while watching YouTube

Jump to solution

I did come up with a sort of solution. I put the Roku Ultra that I bought the stream bar to replace, back in. I will see if this problem persists. If it does it is a YouTube problem, if not, then its probably a Roku problem. Time will tell.

Bob

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @roadiebob.

We see you're having unintended behavior with your Roku Streambar's audio. Rest assured that we're here to give you the best resolution so you can stream on your Roku without interruptions. 

To isolate the problem, since you observed that this is only happening to YouTube and not on any other channels, have you tried removing the app, rebooting your Streambar, and then adding the app again to see if it improves your situation? If not, you can perform the troubleshooting steps provided below for more detailed instructions: 

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star *

to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart Now
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Streaming Store and add the channel again.

If you see that the problem persists after doing the steps above, try power cycling the Roku Streambar.
Disconnect the power cable from the device, let it sit for several seconds, and then plug it back in. Power cycling is also one of the safest ways to reboot a Roku device, and performing it might restore the normal functions of your Roku streambar. 

Let us know how this works and if none of it resolves the issue you're experiencing so we can provide further assistance. 

Kind regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
roadiebob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I have tried those suggestions. The problem is still persisting. I also read another post that suggested to turn off auto-leveling in settings, which I did. This also did not resolve the problem. 

thank you.

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @roadiebob

We understand that the problem was not resolved after following the suggested steps above, and we'd like to know more about the problem you're currently facing so we can help you get back to watching what you love. 

To proceed with the thorough investigation, kindly supply us with the following details below:

• Did you receive any recent software updates that might trigger this issue? If so, please provide us the software version of your Streambar (this can be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Also, Will you give the Channel Build Version of the channel? (Highlight the App, then press the Star * button)
  • Is it happening to all the contents inside the channel or only on a specific content? 

In the meantime, try contacting the channel provider directly to check if there are available workarounds for you to try and get back to us if the problem is not resolved. In addition, we'll take this as an opportunity to thank you for your understanding and cooperation in resolving this problem. 

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
roadiebob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did come up with a sort of solution. I put the Roku Ultra that I bought the stream bar to replace, back in. I will see if this problem persists. If it does it is a YouTube problem, if not, then its probably a Roku problem. Time will tell.

Bob

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @roadiebob!

We appreciate your initiative in an attempt to resolve it. 

Let us know how this works for you, and what you find out so we can assist you further with your concern. 

We are hoping that everything will be sorted out for you soon.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.