Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify volume buggy when bluetooth controlled on my phone and played on my tv

Jump to solution

Whenever I connect my phone Spotify to play on my tv Spotify, I am unable to control the volumes separately. I try to use the Roku remote or Roku app to change my tv's volume but it automatically goes back to a translation of my phone's volume 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spotify volume buggy when blue took controlled on my phone and played on my tv

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @damien22!

We understand that you may be experiencing an issue with Spotify's volume. We appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. In such cases, we recommend contacting the Spotify support team for further assistance. It's important to note that the content on the Roku platform is managed independently by the channel providers.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spotify volume buggy when blue took controlled on my phone and played on my tv

Jump to solution

Hi @NoticeablyRad,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Spotify app. We're happy to assist you. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, power and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
damien22

Jump to solution

not helpful still happens

damien22

Jump to solution

didn’t help still happens. automatically flies you to phone volume which for the tv is in the 70’s for me assume it’d be 100 if phone was at full and that **bleep** sucks on the tv either way though. volume barely needs to be at 10 depending on what app you watch and movie/show but either shouldn’t be connected to my phone at all cause it isn’t even bluetooth or didn’t be cause it’s an app on the tv no others i have on my phone and the tv do that soooo? just stuck scratching my head as to why it connect to phones volume at all.

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @damien22!

We understand that you may be experiencing an issue with Spotify's volume. We appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. In such cases, we recommend contacting the Spotify support team for further assistance. It's important to note that the content on the Roku platform is managed independently by the channel providers.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Notarob0t

Jump to solution

This is not a Spotify issue. Roku just syncs the volume from the phone when the Spotify app is open. Maybe don’t do that 

0 Kudos
trentv11182
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have volume control using Vizio's mobile app. It's the TV I have. I'm analog out, so I'm using my receiver volume.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.