Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teribarlow

Spectrum remote isnt fully working

My spectrum remote volume and on buttons does not work with my tcl tv. Have to use my roku remote to power on and adjust volume

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spectrum remote isnt fully working

Hi @Teribarlow,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Spectrum remote since it is not working. Please be advised that you may need to get in touch directly with the remote manufacturer to get help and bring this issue to their attention.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WRI
Reel Rookie

It isn't the remote. The latest Roku update changed something so that Cox, Comcast, Spectrum, etc. NO LONGER CAN CONTROL VOLUME or other functions. Roku has admitted this is a ROKU problem, not the remote manufacturer. While 'some' people have been able to find new codes to reprogram their remotes, it doesn't work for all. In our case (hotel) I am dealing with about 50 calls a day with complaints about "volume on tv not working" and we have to explain to the guests that Roku screwed something up. Options such as requesting newer remotes that "may" work are unfeasible as I doubt the local cable company will send us a couple hundred new remotes.

If Roku can't fix it with a new update soon, then they should at least revert to the pre-November update until they figure out what they did wrong.

0 Kudos
Lisamike28
Reel Rookie

A new remote isn’t the answer either, I’ve replaced all of our spectrum remotes and same problem. The issue is the interface with spectrum remote, my Apple TV remote works just fine, it’s the spectrum remote that is no longer recognized by the TV, ever since the Halloween update the spectrum remotes have been unusable. Maybe with the next update, who knows when that’ll be, the problem will correct its self. I’ve also reprogrammed the remote with several different codes and no change. Anyone suggestions?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lisamike28,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

Our team is aware of this issue going on third-party remote. Could you please share with us the serial number of this remote?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lisamike28
Reel Rookie

R11060BB00-00004
L234001

IMG_9004.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Lisamike28,

Thanks for reporting back to us!

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for additional report and further review. 

We'll make sure to forward any update here, once we have it available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cookie2222
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
cookie2222
Reel Rookie

spectrum volume doesn't show  blue line for volume on roku tv with using spectrum remote it only shows in upper right hand corner a circle  shouldn't it show line in bottom center of tv blue line with volume

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cookie2222,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Spectrum remote. May we know what Roku device you're using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify) Has it worked previously without any issues? When did the issue start?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.