Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allyb

MAX will not play on my Hisense Roku TV

All other apps play fine but Max starts a show then stops and goes back to Home Screen. It was playing fine until last night. It only does it on my Hisense tv that o got 2 weeks ago. Max plays fine on just the Roku that are plugged into the TV’s. Already did the take app of , restart tv and add app again. Did not work!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Allyb,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble streaming the Max channel. Suppose the issue persists on the channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps, and videos from other channels play fine. We suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GregDee1
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with HBO Max. It will start play certain shows then kick me back to the Home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GregDee1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Max channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GregDee1
Reel Rookie

I tried that and the app is up to date but the problem still persists. Help!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @GregDee1!

Could you tell us if connecting your device to an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot and see if you're seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GregDee1
Reel Rookie

It's the same result. Connected to a hotspot and it kicked me back to the home screen when trying to play a title. However, it does not happen on another ROKU TV in the house. Same brand and on same network. Very frustrating!!!

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue and have tried deleting/reinstall, checked for updates, unplugged tv and changed network connection. Works fine on other tvs. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GregDee1 @Experiment626

Thanks for providing the information regarding the issue you've experienced with MAX.

For the time being, we recommend contacting MAX directly and inquiring further about this issue for a workaround since this case might be rooted on the channel provider's end, and an update is needed from them to address this. If a channel has an issue affecting multiple devices, this is an indicator that the channel is having setbacks in being functionally streamed on Roku.

We hope for your understanding regarding this. Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

A workaround that I found after contacting Hisense, Roku, and Max app support and just getting same old answers....

Delete the profile..it seems that the profiles build up a cache that eventually drags the playback down. Can't fast forward or rewind, etc.  I started a new profile that didn't have all the episodes history and it helped... temporarily. Still having to do this occasionally though. 

Next best solution I have found is to watch on my phone and screen mirror to the TV.

Hope this helps somebody, as support has been next to useless...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.