Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makkinga
Reel Rookie

Sharp Roku tv turns off when I select a wifi network

Title. Doesn't matter which network I choose. The tv will run indefinitely otherwise, enabling navigation through all menus. When I try to connect to the internet, however, the TV shuts off.

I can get through all aspects of network connection, but once the list of available networks loads, selecting any one of them causes the tv to turn off.

I have done a factory reset of the TV, and attempted to update the TV with a USB drive, but was informed that my device is already more current than the available download (why would the manual download be out of date?) and a downgrade was not permitted.

Hardware ID: C236X

Sharp Model: LC-58R6+

Software version: 13.1.4 build 1510-C1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sharp Roku tv turns off when I select a wifi network

Hi @Makkinga,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue with your Sharp Roku TV restarting when you try to connect it to the internet. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to fix the issue. No worries, we are more than willing to assist you with this concern.

To further investigate this issue, we would like to coordinate this concern with our appropriate team. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku TV serial number, device ID (these can be all found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID or Issue ID (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Makkinga
Reel Rookie

SN: X001005E5UCE

Device ID: S00P807E5UCE

Issue ID: CE-263-652

0 Kudos
Makkinga
Reel Rookie

SN: X001005E5UCE

Device ID: S00P807E5UCE

Issue ID: CE-263-652

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with your device information, @Makkinga.

Please note that we have passed your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.