Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sharp 65 LC-65Q7300U keeps restarting No support from SHARP or HISENSE

Just happened to mine. Not sure if buying new boards will help seeing all the posts about it, but if anyone has a successful solution plz plz plz plz help

0 Kudos
Rusty_Dog
Reel Rookie

Mine began doing the same thing with powering on and immediately rebooting.

Ended up being a bad led strip. Replace the strip and everything is working great again.

The process isn't for the faint of heart as you'll need to take basically the entire tv apart to get to the led strips.

Found a couple of how to's online for similar models.

0 Kudos
sun8enisu
Binge Watcher

@Rusty_Dog : So you mean to say LED strip is the problem ? May be true, but with LED strip being the prob, it should load the OS and the screen should be dim. Not sure if it makes sense.

0 Kudos
sun8enisu
Binge Watcher

I brought a new main board. but no luck

0 Kudos
riffdex
Reel Rookie

How much does it cost to replace LED strip, and is there only one LED strip to replace? Also, is there risk of electrocution when disassembling a TV (I know they sometimes have capacitors inside that can kill a man)

@Rusty_Dog wrote:

Ended up being a bad led strip. Replace the strip and everything is working great again.

The process isn't for the faint of heart as you'll need to take basically the entire tv apart to get to the led strips.

@Rusty_Dog wrote:

0 Kudos
Rusty_Dog
Reel Rookie

@sun8enisu 

All I can tell you is what worked for me. It wasn't that one of the led strips was dim. One strip was dead and would not light up at all when power was applied. 

From reading online (will try and find the link to share) the main board "senses" the shorted led strip and reboots. Since this happens every time the TV powers on the TV begins its boot loop and never makes it far enough at start up to load the os.

Disassembly of similar sharp TV

https://youtu.be/ZGR1tTlbPXw

Comment on sharp tv detecting open lamp (led) and led strip fix.

https://badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94838

riffdex
Reel Rookie

So where do I order a replacement LED Strip and how much is this costing me?

0 Kudos
Rusty_Dog
Reel Rookie

@riffdex 

Should be able to find a cheap strip on ebay if replacing it yourself.

Just a few computer boards once you open the TV up so wouldn't think there's anything with enough power to really hurt someone.

Also, if I remember correctly there are 10 led strips so you need to verify which may need to be replaced.

Testing led strip with 9v batteries

https://youtu.be/1n-Nq8HLK20

0 Kudos
Spark228

Did you only replace one strip? If so, was the replacement noticeable at all afterwards?

0 Kudos
Selah72

#sharp 

#My 65" sharp roku has been doing exactly the same thing. Neey disappointing in this product. Thought sharp was better!

0 Kudos