Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wepandded19
Reel Rookie

channel additions and their cost

Jump to solution

How do I know how much a channel costs to add? I select CW, for example, and I have no idea what the price is. Help me understand this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: channel additions and their cost

Jump to solution

Most channels are free to add, but may require a subscription to actually be useful (e.g., Netflix).  If a price isn't stated when you add the channel/app, then it's safe to assume that it's free.  The description for the CW channel/app states that it's free.  Descriptions on the Channel Store website state whether there's a cost or other requirements (like needing a cable provider).

Add a PIN to your account at https://my.roku.com to make it more difficult to inadvertently add something that requires a payment.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

Most channels are free to add, but may require a subscription to actually be useful (e.g., Netflix).  If a price isn't stated when you add the channel/app, then it's safe to assume that it's free.  The description for the CW channel/app states that it's free.  Descriptions on the Channel Store website state whether there's a cost or other requirements (like needing a cable provider).

Add a PIN to your account at https://my.roku.com to make it more difficult to inadvertently add something that requires a payment.

wepandded19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. Apparently, there are a lot of channels listed as installed, but I assume if I never use them I will not be charged. For example, it states in the channel store that Apple TV is installed, but I don't want it, so I assume it is just a promotion. My "Manage channels" only lists Fubo, and that is all I want right now, so I assume I am good.

0 Kudos
wepandded19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. This helps a lot.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You can remove any channel/app you don't want from your Roku Home Screen by highlighting the channel icon and pressing * on your Roku remote.   Choose the "Remove channel" option.  Keep in mind that any channel/app removed from one Roku device will remove it from all devices linked to the same Roku account.

0 Kudos