Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjayN
Binge Watcher

Re: Sharp 65 LC-65Q7300U keeps restarting No support from SHARP or HISENSE

Welcome to family of customers who has sharp TV, designed/developed by Hensie, to die right after the 3 years of usage..

I don't think it is worth spending time to debug it

Thodge

Its right at 3 years. Its not like I paid 200$ for it. It was more than that. I will never buy a Sharp product again bc they don't stand behind their products! Ive had a Vizio for 10 years no problem at all!

0 Kudos
Jsul
Channel Surfer

Feel you man. Bought it at 2018 and then had the issue. You’re not alone. Its either you tear it up and find the solution and fix it, or buy a trustworthy brand TV in the future. If you’re buying a new TV, dont throw the 65 Sharp out, you can always try and if you fix it now you have 2 tvs. If not you just learned a bit and move on. Roku/Sharp wont help you if your warranty expired like any other companies man. Sleep on it and make it happen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Thodge

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

After reading all the comments it seems to be the LED strips. I was watching my screen as it happened. The top left side got dim and eventually turned off and began the boot loop. On off on off. Just showing the logi and repeating. I checked the entire power board. Nothing out of the ordinary and all the voltage was correct. I didn't check the lights inside of the tv yet. But it would make sense that there is a short in the led strip which is making it shut off. Also the top left of the screen is still dim while the logo shows. However hisense, or sharp should be responsible. They built the tvs. I still have a tv from the 80s that works perfectly 

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

First off shout to Tanner or Danner for finally getting the devs to fix the audio/lip-synch issues that plagued the OS since 8.1. This is clearly a Hardware problem in regards to this TV we all got on Black Friday Walmart a few years back. My Tv just took a dump this Monday and showing the same issues as everyone else. Any lawyers on the board that can start a class action or make Sharp/Hisense pay for the cost of the TV or at least repairs? 

ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

For anyone that has repaired this is there any adhesive I need to be aware of. Seems like ALOT of people were caught off guard and cracked the screen lifting up with the suctions cups, but since the link in this thread is for a different model I couldn't tell. Also for anyone deciding to do this, it not for the faint of heart as you literally have to tear the thing apart, but since I use to repair computers for living I'm comfortable doing it. Just need to find large suction cups since the one I have are for broken Iphone screens. Also it seem like Led bars and strips are the same thing just the bars are more rigid. But since it's going to installed in a straight stationary line that should be ok??? Appreciate anyone help.

0 Kudos
Jsul
Channel Surfer

Yes it is quite simple but the bigger the screen, the harder it is to remove and reinstall. There were some adhesive for the plastic frame of the TV that needed to be removed to get to the screws securing the metal brackets but no big issue there. Just have 2 or 3 people hold the screen with equally distributed load along the middle and both ends. As for the led bar, I just went with the led strip since the part was compatible with the TV model. I’m not sure if bars would work or not but yeah just install it in a straight line and make sure all the end pieces of each lines are connected prior to putting the tv back together. My polarizer ripped a bit on top and it shows a slighter dark colors due to it but its alot better than a non-functioning TV. Good luck to you and hope it gets fixed!

0 Kudos
SLynch
Channel Surfer

Where can you order or buy the LED Strips, and what is the part number? I am having the same issues myself, started 7 days ago.

0 Kudos
SLynch
Channel Surfer

I also have the same issues; it started 7 days ago, and I purchased the same Sharp Ruko TV model at Walmart's Black Friday sale. No credible support for a clearly defective product from Sharp and Hisense Electronics. 

0 Kudos