Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sendhelp
Reel Rookie

Screen is black with sound and I can see very faint images

I have tried unplugging, pressing the home button on the remote 5 times etc. The tv worked just fine last night. Nothing is working.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen is black with sound and I can see very faint images

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Sendhelp!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be more than happy to help you determine the cause and provide you with the most accurate resolution possible.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What is the model of your TV? Is this a Hisense, TCL, ONN, etc.?
  • Does this happen even when you are on the Home screen? If not, what specific channels are affected by this?
  • Is this happening on Live TV or on-demand shows?
  • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Once we have more details about this, we'll be able to assess your concern better and help you resolve this.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sendhelp
Reel Rookie

It’s a TCL. It happens on the home screen. I can see the faint icons and click on Netflix and when I click it I can hear the intro music that Netflix plays but the screen stays black. The tv worked fine last night this just started happening today.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Sendhelp.

In this case, since TCL manufactures its own player hardware, we highly suggest reaching out to their Support team, as they are responsible for this kind of concern. This might be related to your TV's display issue.

You may reach them here: TCL Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.