Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku update 12.5 broke the Plex app

Hi Community users.

Thanks for flagging this to us.

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with the Plex channel running slow and lagging. We'd like to know more details about this. Would you be so kind as to provide the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brummer

Hello,

The Plex app on my TCL Roku TV has become extremely slow since the update.

TCL model: 65S533-CA

Hardware ID: A116X

Software version: 12.5.0 – build 4165.88

Device ID: S05HY08UA1NJ

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @brummer,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We have communicated this information to our engineering team for further investigation and as additional insight into this case.

We'll make sure to provide an update here once we have information available about this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Extremejm

The same problem is happening with my roku device as well.  It is only the plex app that is not functioning properly.  The menus within plex and the movie controls are painfully lagged

0 Kudos
heywally
Streaming Star

Yep, me too, discovered yesterday, unusable. Hoping for fix very quickly.

0 Kudos
House1010

I've also had this issue. I just did a system restart on my TV and as of right now, the Plex menu isn't lagging.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're aware of this issue, and our engineering team is working on this issue for a fix. For the time being, we'd like to ask for further information regarding this so we can provide an update to our team. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andreaci
Reel Rookie

I was having the same exact problem.

Everything in the Plex app has become sooo slow and laggy.

Updated again the device(Roku ultra) with today's version (12.5.0.4167) and the situation improved drastically. It's now back to normal!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Andreaci.

Rest assured that our Engineering team will gladly sort this out as soon as possible, as your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for. Kindly provide us the following details requested by @RokuTakashi for us to forward your concern effectively. 

We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Andreaci 

According to the Plex team, the 4167 build is the build that apparently resolves this issue for those on Roku OS 12.5.

The 4167 build becomes available today so hopefully devices will begin to be automatically updated.

Otherwise, try pushing a manual update Settings/System/Software Update from the Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.