Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

Hi @Rochelleharris9,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV. We're happy to help you. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that were given above? If not, please try.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clawson65,

Thanks for keeping us informed!

We apologize for the inconvenience, and this is not what we aim for. We'd love to further investigate this problem that you had. We have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Please check your inbox.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
katemcg

Just took new onn TV with Roku out of the box and tried to set it up. 

I'm having the same issue with the missing Wi-Fi hardware message. All other devices in the home can see the wireless networks. I also tried to connect to a hotspot, but the TV is still giving the Wi-Fi hardware missing message. Is there a fix for this, or should I return the TV and go another route (Firestick, etc.)?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

0 Kudos
Frustrated351
Reel Rookie

Recommendation, return your TV and get one without Roku, 

Roku don't want to acknowledge that is the Roku  system that is causing the missing hardware.

I returned my TV with Roku , got a smart one and haven't had any problem. 

Clawson65
Binge Watcher

Return it and buy a separate ROKU. This problem has been ongoing for so long now and ROKU refuses to acknowledge they created this problem with all of these TV's. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@katemcg, I don't believe it has anything to do with it being a Roku TV, but take it back and get it replaced while you can.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Maja1975

My tv want connect too the Internet says wifi mac adress missing what can I do.

0 Kudos
Shaneice

Everything is missing 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Maja1975 @Shaneice 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern here with us regarding the issue with hardware missing on your Roku TV's MAC address, and we understand the situation. We're here to assist in resolving the problem at hand. 

For this matter, we recommend performing troubleshooting steps. Kindly follow the instructions below:

Network Reset Connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.
  6. Re-enter the credentials on your network.

System Restart.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power (skip if this sub-menu is not available and proceed to step 5).
  5. Select System Restart.

Additionally, we recommend restarting your network's modem/router to see any improvements with this. 

Once all of the steps are performed, kindly check if the issue has been resolved. Please let us know on what you find out, and we'll assist you moving forward.

Best wish

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
golfer123
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I have tried all the solutions throughout this thread, no joy. I have even placed my router right next to the TV.  I have a Roku Select 40 inch TV, Roku TV  H804X , Model number 40R2A5R (no ethernet connection provided on this TV).   

When I do a System Reset, pressing and holding the reset on the back of the TV, I get a Blue Roku TV screen, followed by a purple Roku TV Recovery Mode.  It displays Version ESC.02R01301A I select the language,and I am provided an option to connect "wireless", "ethernet" or "can't connect" options. 

Selecting the "can't connect" option I receive notice to go to tvupdate.roku.com and follow instructions to download to a USB drive.  I have done that and gone through the download and update process successfully including entering the magic 6 digit code that is provided to start the update process.  After completing the USB update process,  the system recovery process completes and returns to the bouncing Roku only then to "Connecting....message"  that finally displays set up a new connection which then produces the same Wi-fi missing hardware message. 

Next I unplugged the system for an hour, then after a second reset, the Roku TV was able to wireless connect to my internet on the initial System Recovery screen.  It successfully processed the Recovery Update and stated a new update was available WITH NO OTHER option than to process the new update, so I continued.  Next, low and behold , set up a new connection , scan again to see all networks,  and the resulting "hardware missing messgae" returned.

Why the Roku TV could see the wireless internet connection for the System Recovery but failed to see it after the recovery process completed baffles me.

I hope there is a way to jump around the "new update" that results after the System Recovery so I can get to the Roku home screen and just avoid using the internet function of the TV and make my TV a dumb TV and use a standalone Roku device to drive the TV. 

I have multiple standalone Rokus and a Roku soundbar that have supported my perfectly.

I purchased the TV from Amazon in February and Roku TV support has processed a replacement for my TV but it still bothers me that this issue exist and concerns me that my replacement TV might suffer the same fate at a later date. 

I have found Roku technical support helpful in other cases but this one seems to even baffle them.

Kind regards to all, and good luck.  Look forward to your response.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.