Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anitaj26

Roku’s volume goes up by itself.

So i came home, turned on my tv like I usually do only to find that it had a slight lag. No biggie, it’s happened before and usually restarts itself so I figured that what would happen. Instead, the volume started rising by itself (which scared the **bleep** out of me) and the remote wouldn’t work. Everytime I would try to lower it, it would just go back up. I’ve tried restarting it TWICE and it’s STILL doing it. So I’m left to believe it’s the tv at this point. 

7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku’s volume goes up by itself.

Thanks for reaching out @Anitaj26,

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos

It happens with my TV as well!

how can I solve it?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ThiagoCardoso

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using, or are you using a Roku TV? When does this issue occur? What are the steps to replicate the issue? If you remove the batteries from your remote, do you see the issue happen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mmoody40

Our Hisense Tv keeps increasing the volume even when no one is touching the remote. It also when your in the app section jumps around and self picks what channel it goes to. I have reset the tv and took batteries out of the remote. It’s also turning itself off now. I have hid the remote, taken out the batteries, did a software update, and reset my tv. HELP this is so annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mmoody40

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - Hisense to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: Hisense Support. Call them at 1-888-935-8880.
We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
JillJ

I am using Roku Express on 3 different Toshiba TVs. This issue affects all 3 TVs. Several weeks ago, the volume on the TV will suddenly get louder. I resolve this by hitting the back button and then go back to what I was watching. Being as this happens on all 3 of the TVs and began at the same time, I can only assume this is a Roku problem. What can be done to fix this issue for good?

0 Kudos
Meta
Reel Rookie

Yep mine started doing that same thing about 2 months ago.  I am at the point of making the roku a paperweight.  For me it only happens in the xfinity app.   I can watch disney or prime video it does not happen.   While in the Xfinity App, suddenly the sound will start blasting and over drive the speakers.  resulting in an extremely loud static over driven volume.  if I back out of the channel, and go right back in, it fixes it for a while.  its highly random, doesn't matter what is playing.   

I've trouble shot the problem as much as I can, I disconnected the sound bar, that was using optical, and just used TV speakers, problem still existed.  I've switched to HDMI cable inputs.  Nothing changes.  If I unplug the roku, and use the Xfinity app on my TV, no issues.  that app suffers serious buffering issues right now, and that is the only reason the roku isn't a paperweight, yet.   No reason to have a roku when it doesn't work.