Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerr598

Roku remote range randomly shortened

Jump to solution

i was watching youtube on my hisense roku smart tv when out of nowhere i noticed that some of my button clicks did nothing, i replaced the batteries but it still didn't work. i moved the remote right in front of the sensor on the tv and that's when it finally started registering clicks. i moved back about 3 feet but it started not registering clicks again, now my remote literally has to be pointed right at the sensor on the tv to work and won't work if your more than 1 foot away, before this i was able to use the remote more than 6 feet away and didn't have to point the remote directly at the sensor every time i wanted to use it. any solutions?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote range randomly shortened

Jump to solution

@gerr598

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@gerr598

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@gerr598 , The problem could be the IR sensor in the tv. Or, it could be the remote. Maybe take your remote into a Walmart or Target and ask if they'd let you see how it works with display models. If you could shoot a few keys at another tv, that would determine whether the problem is the remote or your tv's sensor.

Depending on which it is, you can buy a new remote (in which case you might want to upgrade to a universal remote for future-proofing. The URC-7935 is a nice one. More functionality for about the same price as a Roku remote.). Or, you can replace the sensor. There's videos on youtube showing how.

Another option is buy a voice/enhanced remote which uses RF instead of IR. You wouldn't have to fool around with Target or Walmart. (Make sure your tv is compatible with the Roku voice/enhanced remote. I don't think they all are. You'd have to look into that.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If I may insert an observation, not necessarily helpful, but perhaps pertinent.  Prior to the current update release which has caused substantial impact to many sets, my Sharp/ROKU TV had one (slightly) annoying characteristic with regard to the remote.  When powered down, the set was substantially less sensitive to the PWR button than when it was on. 

Once the set was on, the set was pretty sensitive to all buttons equally, including the PWR button.  Once off, the set was remarkably less sensitive to the same PWR button press that just turned it off.

With the new update release to the ROKU software, this characteristic has apparently resolved, and the PWR button press to turn the set on is now at the same sensitivity level as when the set is operating.

If everything inside that set runs through the ROKU OS, anything, and I mean ANYTHING is possible.

0 Kudos