Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku not responding after turning TV on

My Roku is only 8 months old (Roku Streaming Stick 4K).  The remote turns ON the tv but to activate the Roku device I need to wake up the device by hitting any button on the screen to get to the home screen.  The Roku would not respond at all and I was stuck on the dark screen and would not take me to the Roku home screen.  I had to unplug the device from the TV to get past this issue

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not responding after turning TV on

Hi, @sdornbrock61 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K, and we're here to assist. We'll provide a series of troubleshooting steps that you can try to address the issue. Follow the instructions below:

• Try a different HDMI port where your Roku device is connected.
  • Connect the Roku Streaming Stick 4K directly to the wall outlet, and not the TV.
  • Perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip if not available) > System Restart.

Once these steps have been performed, please check to see the effectiveness of the troubleshooting.

We hope this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos