Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crunchysuperman
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku media player keeps dropping back to menu

Westinghouse WR24HX2210
Hardware ID HE01X
S/N X02000RMKUYT
Device ID S0RKJ2AMKUYT
Software 12.0.0 build 4172-FA
GC version 9.2.113
Issue ID YT-208-374

TV is a recent Amazon purchase (under 2 months) and has had this issue out of the box.  Updates/app reinstall done as documented above.

Now that the screensaver is disabled, I do see that sometimes it reverts to the main menu, but most of the time it locks up in the video at the start of a new loop - always at the start, never in the middle of the video.  It doesn't lock the TV up completely - the remote still works fine to get me out of it, but playback hangs.  Again, there seems to be no pattern to how many loops it will make before this happens.  Sometimes only hours, sometimes several days.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @crunchysuperman,

Thanks for providing us with your information. 

We understand that you've taken the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. Please manually check for updates, and you can follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select System update

You can also visit our Support page for further reference: How to update the software on your Roku TV or Roku streaming player.

If the issue still persists, please provide your updated information.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
crunchysuperman
Channel Surfer

Yeah, that was the first thing I did.  I checked again for the system and the app - everything shows up to date.

I'm just going to go with an external HDMI media player, as this doesn't seem like it's going to be resolved.

0 Kudos
rpoulos

I am having this same issue and have tried all previously mentioned steps with no success. This is a key part of our visitor experience, so it would be great if there was a fix!

0 Kudos
OCOHealth

I have the same issue as well.  I used to be able to keep it looping for months, now it usually only lasts a few hours.  Tried all the same steps to correct it.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OCOHealth,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. Are you encountering any error codes or messages? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos