Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StrixTheCat
Reel Rookie

How to Get Rid of Roku Live TV and Get Cable back?

So since last night I am having an issue where I am stuck on Rokus Live Tv lineup and cannot for the life of me get back to my Cable TV that I am paying for. I tried everything from re-scanning the channels several times and restarting my own cable providers box. Nothing is working and now I am stuck on channel 4000 something and cant even go back to channel 3 or 4 to access my cable tv.

Whatever update Roku did is the most annoying one yet, merging the Live TV with Cable in the same icon/app. I have a remote with no numerical keys, and there is no way I am holding the down arrow for a dozen hours to go all the way back to channel 3.

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for another update.

12 REPLIES 12
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Re: How to Get Rid of Roku Live TV and Get Cable back?

Many users both cable and antenna are experiencing this issue and it has been posted on a few different Roku forum threads.  Apparently they are aware of this huge issue and trying to resolve it.  The current hack is to disconnect from the internet, the channels should then re-appear, I tried this trick, and confirmed my missing channels are back once again, however if you re-connect they will disappear again.

Understanding8
Reel Rookie

I just tried exactly what you said and I  agree  saw all my missing channels, local news, Well,I feel somewhat better in a sense that it's not just a  isolated incident. I will keep checking back to see if anything got resolved. 

StrixTheCat
Reel Rookie

Ive actually thought of that idea but didnt attempt it because I was so frustrated and wanted to go to bed. Glad to know that it works.

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Whatever they did in the last few minutes resolved the issue on one of my TVs, I have not checked the rest yet, all the missing channels appearing again.

Understanding8
Reel Rookie

Yes  mine seems to be working as well. 

0 Kudos
Remele

Last night I lost all of my cable channels, my dvr, my dvd, my amazon prime subscription, etc.  All I get is a meaningless list of Roku channels which we don't watch.  I've tried turning off the streaming stuff and now my lst of live channels is only 3 & 4 listed as "VCR".  I don't have such an animal.  Our area has been sold by WOW to Breezeline who have done nothing but raise prices 50%.  The only thing I can get on my TCL Roku TV is via my Amazon firestick which apparently hasn't been found yet by Roku!  I can't even figure out how to reset to get back to any kind of useful list of normal TV channels; just 3 & 4!!

0 Kudos
VickyG-73

Mine is still not back to normal. So I’m guessing i just have to wait it out. NOT happy.

0 Kudos
jcice773
Channel Surfer

Going on 3 days and no fix. im using my sling tv blue sub to hold me over in my bedroom tv, my main tv in the front room is android os and i have all my channels there. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@StrixTheCat It sounds you have a cable box connected to your Roku TV with a coaxial cable?   If that is the case, does the cable box have another output you can use to connect the cable box to the TV?  If the cable box has an HDMI out that would be best.  I have an older friend that has a cable box connected to a TCL Roku TV with HDMI.  Just go into settings on the Roku TV and have the Roku start up on the input that the cable box is connected to.  If you have that option you can then use the cable remote with numbers to change cable channels.  If you do not have the option of another output on your cable box, the Insignia remote model NS-RC4Na-14 will control your Roku TV and has a number pad.  The Insignia remote is available on Amazon and at Walmart for less than $10. 

0 Kudos