Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uraksha2

Brand new onn roku TV shows WiFi Hardware missing

Jump to solution

As the title states, after purchasing a new onn 100012587 it refuses to see the wifi card is installed. Upon scanning for wireless networks the TV shows "Your wireless MAC address: WiFi hardware mising". This issue still persists after multiple factory resets and even disassembling the back panels to verify that the wifi card is in fact there and connected to the mainboard properly and there is zero corrosion anywhere. How likely is it that the software is causing the issue rather than the hardware itself? Is it common to receive units with wifi chips DOA?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Brand new onn roku TV shows WiFi Hardware missing

Jump to solution

onn made the TV, so you'd have to ask them.  If you just bought it, it's not worth fooling with.  Return it while you can.

You can contact them here

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Brand new onn roku TV shows WiFi Hardware missing

Jump to solution

onn made the TV, so you'd have to ask them.  If you just bought it, it's not worth fooling with.  Return it while you can.

You can contact them here

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.