Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CordCutterGuy
Reel Rookie

Re: How to Get Rid of Roku Live TV and Get Cable back?

I have a similar problem with my Westinghouse RokuTV. My issue is that my cable box is not recognized by the by the input settings. I have the box connected via an HDMI cable and the TV input simply says "No Signal." The TV has a total of three HDMI inputs and it does find signal from my PC via any of the HDMI connectors, but not the cable box. Tried every possible combination of the three HDMI inputs and cables, but no signal is delivered or maybe accepted by the TV from the cable box. My last TV had no problem connecting with the same box via HDMI input, so I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@CordCutterGuy, do you have another TV you can try the cable box on?  If so, does the cable box have any kind of output settings for the resolution?  There was another post about someone not being able to get his DVD player to be recognized and I'm starting to wonder if these TVs only support certain resolutions like 720p and 1080p.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
CordCutterGuy
Reel Rookie

Hi:  Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, I am trying to set up the RokuTV because my previous TV (Sanyo, made in 2015) died abruptly, so I presently do not have another set to use. That Sanyo did however accept the HDMI signal from my cable box, which is why I am puzzled that this brand new Westinghouse unit apparently does not. If my recall is correct, my cable box does have a menu option for different resolutions, but I never had to use it since it worked fine automatically. But, of course, right now, I have no way to access the cable box in any case. If signal resolution is the problem, one would think that the Roku software would include a fix somewhere. Using my remote, I was able to access the Roku secret HDMI info page, but it had nothing about signal resolution.  A little off-topic, but the HDMI jacks on this Westinghouse unit are really tight - maybe poorly made - takes me minutes of struggling with them just to get the HDMI plugs inserted.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.