Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShanePro
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel will not play anything I was it does it show the title I hit play nothing happened

Issue Id 88-303-441

Model 7830x - Roku Tv

Gc 9.5.25

Software  12.0.0 

Build 4182-AT

0 Kudos
ShanePro
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel will not play anything I was it does it show the title I hit play nothing happened

What is the fix for this issue? Mine still doesn't work. I've reset and reinstalled everything to no avail

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ShanePro,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that our team is currently working to fix this issue as soon as possible, as your satisfaction is essential to us. We currently do not have any details to give at this time, but once more information is available, We'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cats56
Channel Surfer

I’ve been having the same problem for almost 2weeks

did everything the tech said 

gave all the information they requested 

still nothing 

I was told they are having a issue 

well how long does it take to FIX this issue 

apparantly been going on for awhile and keeps happening 

🤔possibly a software glitch 

perhaps a software update to fix this would work or the firmware 

Mikelawry

Model: 5203x

S/N: 2N000F367907(2W3470367907)

Software Version: 12.00 build 4182-11

GC Version 9.5.25

ISSUE ID: 07-304-108

0 Kudos
Nicole0804
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Same problem here going on for a little over a week that I know of... The tech I was 'chatting' with for almost 2 hours to communicate what seemed could be said in far less time tried that- didn't work. Then, the rep said it had to do with my bill essentially not being paid, which is of course the 1st thing you make sure was done prior to the angry call/chat..? I assured him/her- I could spell the name- the bill was fine and was transferred to billing anyway where I was 16 in the cue?!

At this point I could not take anymore, my life had to resume, but the whole thing did not leave me loving roku customer service or tech service for that matter. I hope all of our bills will be pro-rated? Wait, this was what I asked about before I was transferred to billing... I take it back! I just want the mgm channel, finally!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mikelawry,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the response and for providing the device information!

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Nicole0804
Reel Rookie

This has been going on for ~2 weeks now and it is across the three channels I pay for with Roku, which is not OK. I was made to feel like it was a billing issue, IE my fault after wasting ~2hrs troubleshooting & it is clearly an issue lots of your customers are having. I cannot even take my money and look for another working service to use it on bc I seem to be paying for 2 weeks of no service regardless. I wish I could be paid regardless of if I worked or not.. don't you?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nicole0804,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with accessing content on The Roku Channel. Kindly be informed that we're aware of this, and the appropriate Roku team is still investigating the issue and resolving it. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could provide the following information below so we can pass it along to the team for further investigation of the issue.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce what you're seeing.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ShanePro
Reel Rookie

What is the deal with this? How has this issue not been fixed yet? Been almost 2 weeks and still haven't fixed playback. Tc guide works but zero channels play anything. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.