Ukor_amateur
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Wireless speakers Crackling!

Watching me A beautiful day in the neighborhood, 1:02 in the movie when Loyd passes out volume on 19 , reduced bass setting the rumble/rattling happens. I rented the movie through Roku in HD format

0 Kudos
Sirump1978
Reel Rookie

We are having the exact same problem, and have tried all of these steps multiple times to no avail. For us, it is only the left speaker. It started as a connection problem, then went to the crackling. It happens for everything. Watching TV, listening to SiriusXM, etc. I will follow this thread to see if there is a solution. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Yup. Same problem here. Only having the crackling in the right speaker though. I replaced it with a new one and that fixed it. I’m not going to hold my breath to get my money back for the faulty speaker though. Oh - PS - I paired the faulty speaker with a different tv to see if the issue continued and yes, it does. The sound reminds me of a blown speaker and perhaps it is... sucks.

0 Kudos
Toastdance
Reel Rookie

Having this same issue with a streambar.  What was the resolution?  Replacement?

0 Kudos
Fafafooey
Channel Surfer

I have the speakers as well and the right one is doing the same thing crackling and popping during a heavy bass scene. The speakers are set to normal not extra bass...so it shouldn’t be blown. Is it possible to replace just one speaker?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Toastdance @Fafafooey

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fafafooey
Channel Surfer

I got an email from customer service to reset each speaker and reconnect. I did that by pressing the reset button on each for 10 seconds....the speakers reconnected and did a software update and they seem fine now.

0 Kudos
Toastdance
Reel Rookie

I had to RMA my streambar

0 Kudos
Daffyc86

I am having the same crackling problem. I got my stream bar 5 months ago and it just started. I rebooted my roku and the crackling is still there even at low volume. Should I just replace it?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Daffyc86

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos