Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanato4
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV stuck in Guest Mode

Try these steps with the Roku remote, brings you to a secret screen to reset.

Home button 5 times
Forward button 3 times
Rewind button 2 times

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @SayerSong 

We see that you've tried all the steps to turn off the Guest Mode on your Roku TV. Performing a factory reset is one way to resolve this issue. To do this, kindly locate the pinhole at the back of your Roku TV. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 - 20 seconds. Your Roku TV will reboot and restart. Kindly be advised that factory resetting your Roku TV will require you to re-activate it and channels will be removed.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SayerSong
Channel Surfer

That seems to have done it. Thanks. Now I just wish I knew why that happened. I hate that it did. It took forever to get back to my original settings, and I am still missing some channels and have a bunch of ones I need to remove.   

0 Kudos
Stroke
Reel Rookie

Try pushing the "reset" button on back of the TV for 15 seconds.  This performed a factory reset on my TV and got me out of the locked in guest mode.

0 Kudos

You are an absolute legend sharing this. I was getting soooooo frustrated in endless desperate pin hole resets!

I wish I could buy you a beer for help you gave!

0 Kudos
Stroke
Reel Rookie

Ha, glad it worked for you.  I wish you could too.  On the house beer the best.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.