Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huser

Roku TV refuses to connect to internet

Jump to solution

I've had a roku TV for about 3 years now. It's had some issues on and off but it's been fine the last 8 months. Today it has disconnected from internet 8 times and now it keeps giving me error 009, saying there's no internet connection at all. I've restarted it a dozen times only to get the same error. The router is fine, connecting to other devices, but I went ahead and restarted it too, but the TV still refuses to connect.

Any ideas? Or do I need a new TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV refuses to connect to internet

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community, @huser!

We understand that you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Roku TV. We appreciate your troubleshooting attempts and would like to assist you in resolving the issue.

Based on the error code you provided, it appears that your Roku device is connected to the router but is unable to connect to the internet. In this situation, we suggest restarting your router to improve the wireless signal strength. If your password is correct and other devices can access the router, but your Roku TV is still failing to connect to your wireless network, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal.

The wireless signal gets weaker the farther your Roku TV is from your router, and with more obstacles like walls and cabinets between your router and the Roku TV. Therefore, we recommend moving your router closer to your Roku TV or removing any obstacles blocking the signal.

For additional information, please visit our support website. How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku TV.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues. We are here to help you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV refuses to connect to internet

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community, @huser!

We understand that you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Roku TV. We appreciate your troubleshooting attempts and would like to assist you in resolving the issue.

Based on the error code you provided, it appears that your Roku device is connected to the router but is unable to connect to the internet. In this situation, we suggest restarting your router to improve the wireless signal strength. If your password is correct and other devices can access the router, but your Roku TV is still failing to connect to your wireless network, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal.

The wireless signal gets weaker the farther your Roku TV is from your router, and with more obstacles like walls and cabinets between your router and the Roku TV. Therefore, we recommend moving your router closer to your Roku TV or removing any obstacles blocking the signal.

For additional information, please visit our support website. How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku TV.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues. We are here to help you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.