Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RikuTV
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV not showing antennae channels in live TV

Jump to solution

No I never disconnected my router or the TV connection to the network.

0 Kudos
Jennyinflorida
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I scanned and have 56 Antenna Channels, but can't get them to appear in Live TV.  All I get there is streaming channels.  Even when I select "Hide Streaming Channels".

Here's what I have to do to get to out OTA channels:

Home>Settings>TV Inputs>Live TV>Manage Channels>Manage all Channels (checked Hide Streaming Channels)

Then it will be Antenna channels

PITA

Chat blamed it on our antenna.  Yeah, right!

0 Kudos
Jennyinflorida
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To get antenna channels I have to do the same as someone else said:

Home>Settings>TV Inputs>Live TV>Manage Channels>Manage all Channels (checked Hide Streaming Channels)

That's every time I want to watch any of our 56 OTA channels.

Chat was a joke . . . blamed it on our antenna.

Hey folks, my ONN Roku TV knows I have 56 OTA channels; it just will not add them to "Live TV".

0 Kudos
Debscomunity
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV not showing antenna channels in live TV

Jump to solution

Get a Samsung TV instead you'll have access to like 276 channels with Samsung plus and it's got everything on it and yes there not brand new but at least as long as you have an antenna you'll be able to watch local TV which doesn't work when I had the stick in the back so I pulled it out and I can Scan the broadcast channels I'm not buying the roku channel when they have free app's you can install on the TV and I suppose that roku stick or device is great if you have no place to put up an antenna! I'm elderly also with nerve damage from 2 strokes and I put it up on my balcony myself! Good luck

Debscomunity
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I pulled the roku stick out as for some reason the broadcast icon is grayed out in setting's with the roku stick plugged in and antenna local TV is probably available if you wanna buy the roku channel and I'm not going to do that! Odd cuz they market it together with a mohleaf antenna?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Do you need to hide each one individually because I can't seem to find an option to just hide streaming channels? Very frustrating...

0 Kudos
Jennyinflorida
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did a couple of resets, and scans.  It went from 52 to 77 to 92 antenna channels.

I can't explain why it has done what it has done, but now one of the Live TV options is Antenna and the other Live TV option is Streaming.

&, I got the 6-device "normal" ONN Roku remote.  It is better than the pathetic Roku remote, but it doesn't do everything correctly either.  For instance, I can't select channels with the number buttons, one of the main reasons I wanted a "normal" remote.

The back buttons don't work right, Guide doesn't work right, and so forth.

It seems clear that their software just didn't get tested enough, so they've made good products bad.

0 Kudos
Jennyinflorida
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also added a USB Drive, so now have "Live TV Pause", which is Pause and 90 minutes of rewind and fast forward.  I haven't used it to know if it works.  What's the odds?

😢

0 Kudos
Jennyinflorida
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

& I have been working with ONN Customer Service, but they don't even seem to be able to read the purchase receipt I have sent them four times, every way I know how to submit it.  I can see it see it fine in our email thread.

0 Kudos
SOK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can give you a fix that brings back your antenna channels every time without rescanning for them.  Just search for a tv show that you know is airing within the next 6hrs on anyone of those over-the-air channels.  The search will find it and give you options for watching it... search right thru the subscription & rent options to "tune in early" and it will not only take you to that channel right away but will also show the other antenna channels you've scanned.  It's a very quick way to get into those channels right away anytime!!!  Not perfect but it works!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.