Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpuman216
Reel Rookie

Roku TV not in sync with other speakers via AirPlay multi-room audio

In my home, I have been able to play music via Apple airplay to multiple speakers. My setup consists of 1 HomePod, 2 HomePod Minis, 1 AirPort Express, and 1 TCL Roku TV. The audio synchronization across all of these devices at once was perfect, not a single issue. Until now.

it seems that the Roku TV is 1/3 of a second behind the rest of the speakers (aka it’s not in sync with the rest). I can isolate the issue to the Roku TV because none of my other speakers are experiencing this.

I have tried resetting the TV audio and picture settings. I have tried factory resetting the TV. The issue still persisted afterwards.

I also tried restarting my router, restarting all of the other speakers, disconnecting my sound system from the TV and using the TV speakers. No luck 😕

Any suggestions?

All HomePods are on WiFi. AirPort Express is on Ethernet. Roku TV is on Ethernet. TV has a basic sound system hooked up via 3.5mm (headphone jack) to RCA

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
cpuman216
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV not in sync with other speakers via AirPlay multi-room audio

Here is my (expensive) solution.

I realize that this audio sync issue is one that Roku has to fix with a future update, and as a result I have stopped using the Roku interface. I know it seems drastic, and I am disappointed because I do like the roku interface, however my household uses AirPlay and multi-room audio religiously thus making it a big factor in my smart home/home theater setup.

I purchased an Apple TV 4K and hooked it up to the Roku TV. Issue solved! AirPlay 2  multi-room audio is now working the way should; all devices are in perfect sync with one another.

I also purchased a new Sony Receiver, one that is capable of HDMI-CEC and ARC support, which allows me to have even more control over the home theater setup. The Roku TV’s ARC support came in handy!

Regardless of my solution, I do hope that Roku looks into a possible solution overall.

0 Kudos