Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Roku TV is Way too bright!

Jump to solution

I own a TCL 6th generation 65" Roku TV. While watching shows the image brightness is still too bright even on Movie mode. My "TV brightness" is set to Darker and within the extra picture settings the backlight and contrast is on 0. 

The real issue is the home menu of the Roku TV. There are no image settings and its Blaring brightness really hurts to look at. What can I do? I've gone through every menu and setting and have not found anything. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Home Screen Way too bright!!

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding your TV's brightness.

Brightness on a TV would be related to the hardware, which the Roku TV manufacturer would best to assist you with. Have you tried contacting the Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Due to the age of this thread, we will be closing this thread out. If you are still experiencing an issue and have already contacted your Roku TV manufacturer, we would recommend searching the Roku Community for another thread related to your issue. If no current threads exist, we invite you to create a new post depicting the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Way too bright!!

Jump to solution

@SethNorton

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately with these particular TVs you need to adjust the picture settings individually per input and per input format. 

Basically, when you're watching TV press the * button on the remote and go to Picture Settings.  There you'll find all the brightness, contrast, color temp, etc, settings.  But as soon as you change input source or format, you'll need to do it again.  There's no way to set those globally. 

BTW, if you have the 65R635, I have the same TV.   You can also try low power mode. 

SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I understand that the picture setting changes with input source as I stated in my original statement. As I explained the issue is on the Roku TV home page i.e. where you select Netflix, Hulu, etc. The home menu has no picture settings to be adjusted hence why I have a problem.

Mike-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sounds like it's in Showroom TORCH mode. You need to go back through the initial setup, and select "Home use" mode.

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Maybe try changing to a different theme?  Unfortunately on my TV I only have 8 themes to choose from and they're not very good but some seem less bright than others.  Try maybe the nautical theme?

SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know I set the TV up using home settings the first time. Just to be sure I formatted the TV and set up for Home use just as I did prior. Nothing has changed and the TV is still way too bright.

SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Snapchat-1641772601.jpg

Snapchat-1700570764.jpg

They are just screaming with brightness. It's such a pity I chose a TV with Roku TV as an OS when I'm a power user. Wish I could reload the OS to Android so I could actually change whatever settings I want to and im not blocked by their software limitations like brightness.

GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's hard to tell from the pictures but just based on those pics it looks like the TV has a really bright hot spot in the middle of the screen that shouldn't be there.  Mine definitely doesn't look like that. 

Not sure how practical or possible it would be for you to exchange it but you may want to consider that.  You can also contact TCL directly to see if they have any ideas or suggestions. 

0 Kudos
SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra and not even the sensor on my phone can evenly light a photo properly due to the sheer brightness of the display while on the home menu. The TV doesn't look like that in person, the picture is amazing and evenly lit. Just wish there were more settings to change for the literal TV portion of the device and to not have it just only act as a roku.

0 Kudos