Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_m1
Reel Rookie

Roku TV broke. Didn't replace it with a Roku TV. Why? Ads everywhere.

If my Roku TV had broken a year or two ago I'd have probably been sad and would have gone out and replaced it with a new Roku TV. Even knowing that the only thing blocking the Ads on the screen and data collection was a pihole like solution (pfsense).

But recently having ads jammed in the top of the menu and everywhere else ruined everything. Not to mention having motion smoothing forced on after an update. When the screen wouldn't turn on with the TV anymore it was a fine excuse.

My new TV is an LG that will never be connected to the internet. You ruined it for them to. I bought an Apple TV and it controls the TV power, volume, etc. So pretty much just one remote unless I need to get in the TV settings. Oh, hey no ads on the menu screen, and it does everything a Roku does. I'm not an Apple customer at all. I haven't had an Apple device in over a decade. But so far points to them in every aspect.

You lost your cut of a TV sale. All of which is to say you should be better to your remaining customers. I doubt I will ever be back.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV broke. Didn't replace it with a Roku TV. Why? Ads everywhere.

Hi, @j_m1.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. 

Rest assured that I will share this with the team. Your feedback means a lot to us, and it will definitely help us make the platform even better for your convenience and satisfaction.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.