cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoppaPenguin
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, poor sound quality

Jump to solution

Today I added the Roku TV Wireless Soundbar to my recently purchased Roku - 50" Class Select Series 4K Smart RokuTV.  The installation was remarkably simple!  The sound quality was immediately terrible, quite garbled.  I have tried adjusting various audio settings with no real effect.  I have at this point unplugged to soundbar.  The sound from the TV, while tinny, is much better and easier to understand. 

So, do I have a defective soundbar?  or is this simply a terrible product? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, poor sound quality

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @PoppaPenguin!

We noticed that you're encountering an audio quality issue with your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar and we would like to keep an eye on this and provide you with the best resolution possible. 

Have you tried changing the sound modes on your Roku TV sound bar? If not you may try these steps below to see if that improves the audio quality of your soundbar.

Any time you are listening to music, or watching a movie or TV show, you can open the sound settings menu using the simple steps below.

1. Press Star 

on your Roku TV remote
  2. Use the directional pad and move to Sound settings. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your remote.
    • Note: On some Roku TV models, the Sound settings selection is called Volume modes.
  3. Press OK 

to open the Sound modes
  4. Choose the desired sound modes.

For more information, you may visit this support article: How to adjust sound settings on your Roku TV Ready™ soundbar.

Let, us know if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PoppaPenguin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many apologies... my bad!  I seem to have originally set it up facing speakers downward on a plastic table.  I now have it set upright, as designed, and on a cushion.  The sound quality (surprise!) is better. Please close. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @PoppaPenguin!

We noticed that you're encountering an audio quality issue with your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar and we would like to keep an eye on this and provide you with the best resolution possible. 

Have you tried changing the sound modes on your Roku TV sound bar? If not you may try these steps below to see if that improves the audio quality of your soundbar.

Any time you are listening to music, or watching a movie or TV show, you can open the sound settings menu using the simple steps below.

1. Press Star 

on your Roku TV remote
  2. Use the directional pad and move to Sound settings. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your remote.
    • Note: On some Roku TV models, the Sound settings selection is called Volume modes.
  3. Press OK 

to open the Sound modes
  4. Choose the desired sound modes.

For more information, you may visit this support article: How to adjust sound settings on your Roku TV Ready™ soundbar.

Let, us know if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PoppaPenguin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many apologies... my bad!  I seem to have originally set it up facing speakers downward on a plastic table.  I now have it set upright, as designed, and on a cushion.  The sound quality (surprise!) is better. Please close. 

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @PoppaPenguin!

We are glad you are back on seamless streaming with your Roku audio devices. Please let us know if you need more help or if you need to create a new thread for another concern. We are all ready to assist you in any way we can. 

Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.