Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Volume increase or decrease by multiples of 3 only

Jump to solution

Same issue. Ridiculous. No amount of tinkering or troubleshooting has helped. So frustrating. 

Even more frustrating that TCL ROKU DGAF about it. 

not going to recommend or purchase anything from them ever. Hello Apple TV and any other TV

0 Kudos
jasongrimme
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

TCL sent me a replacement soundbar, still same issue (no surprise).

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I had a soundbar that seemed to have this problem, and sold it to a friend, but later learned what the issue was.  I needed to go into the settings for the soundbar and tell it to ignore the signals from the remote.  What was happening was when I pressed volume up on the remote,  the soundbar increased its output volume _and_ the TV increased its output volume. You only want one of them to increase; and only the soundbar (it was a Vizio but I forget the model, it was 3+ years ago) had the setting I needed to change.

Mearl

Jump to solution

I also just bought a 55" and a TCL Alto 6.

Exact same problem. 

0 Kudos
DiggerWasp

Jump to solution

Same issue here. TCL 55S425 with Alto 6+ connected over HDMI Arc. It works, but the volume increases by 3 or 4 with each press of the volume up button on either the TV remote or the sound bar remote. 

This is obviously a bug—we aren’t all dealing with defective units, and a previous commenter said TCL sent a replacement and it had the same issue.

TCL should make this right with either a firmware update that fixes the issue or some kind of offer to upgrade users to a sound bar that functions properly. The whole point of buying this sound bar was the promise of simple and seamless integration with my TCL TV. 

0 Kudos
slake67

Jump to solution

I have 43" TCL Roku TV and my remote is set to control my Polk Audio Soundbar but when I increase or decrease the volume it jumps by 2, 3 or even 5.

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I thought I posted this yesterday but can't find it.  Forgive me if this shows up as a duplicate.

To reiterate what I posted before, trying to make it clearer.

Your soundbar probably has a setting telling it to ignore the volume up/down from your remote control. You want your soundbar to ignore the sound bar.  Here's why:

• If you let the soundbar respond to the remote, then when you press the volume up/down button
    • The volume of the TV goes up/down and feeds to the soundbar
    • and the volume of the soundbar goes up/down
    • You get 2 times the volume increase/decrease you wanted
  • If the soundbar does not respond to the remote, when you press the volume up/down button
    • The volume of the TV goes up/down
    • The soundbar does nothing but play the sound coming in from the TV
    • You get the volume increase/decrease that you wanted

So, figure a good place for your soundbar to be set and then tell it to ignore the remote.  There may also be a way to have the TV ignore the volume control and let the soundbar do it, but I don't think my TV has that option so I can't verify that.

0 Kudos
dbakke
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't use a soundbar on my newer Samsung and have the same issue. Soundbar cannot be the source of this issue.

0 Kudos
dbakke
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Updated ROKU Software. Issues corrected. I use RF.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've had this issue for a while on a Samsung TV. I finally searched and found this thread which didn't really have any useful information on how to fix the issue. Just for S&Gs I went to the remote settings and to the set up remote for TV option. It asked if I could hear music, then muted and finished the setup and the problem was gone. Must be an issue with the codes the remote was sending the TV.