Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlchemyOne
Reel Rookie

Denon AVR-1612 receiver connection issue with ONN roku tv

Hello,

I have Denon AVR-1612 receiver which I like to hook up my computer and other components to its HDMI inputs.   It has one HDMI output which I use to connect to ONN 65" roku TV.

The TV does not pick up connection to the receiver.

I have only been able to get this type of connection:

I connect the hdmi from the computer directly to the TV hdmi port and for sound I have to use the Optical cable from the TV to the receiver.

No HDMI connection is recognized by the TV.  

In fact even with the hdmi from the computer to the TV, for a brief second the TV does not see connection but then it kicks in.

Just don't understand what is going on.

I can not access any settings on the receiver because I need the tv screen to open the settings on the recever.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Denon AVR-1612 receiver connection issue with ONN roku tv

I've heard of other Denon owners having issues at times connecting devices, although not this specific issue. Check your Denon owners manual and there's probably some settings you can access without needing the TV screen. My guess is there's something set incorrectly there, but it's certainly an issue correctly it if you can't see the on-screen display. First thing to look for would be the video passthrough setting. You don't want the Denon making any changes to the video itself, as it's likely the TV has a better video processor than your AVR. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AlchemyOne
Reel Rookie

Re: Denon AVR-1612 receiver connection issue with ONN roku tv

Have you typed Denon AVR-1612 on google? The manual for it comes out instantly, no problems.

There is no passthrough anywhere mentioned in any page.

Plus there is no passthrough problems with the Panasonic blue-ray. I can hook it up in any input of the receiver. IT JUST WORKS.

On another note:

Today I have been hearing a strange sound coming from this TV.

Let me see if I can attach a video of the sound, a strange scraping/rubbing sound. I looked through the vents under the TV with a powerful flashlight I didn't see a thing moving. I will also see if I can attach the Denon manual too.

https://assets.denon.com/DocumentMaster/UK/AVR-1612E2_EA_ENG_CD-ROM_v00.pdf

Here I made a Youtube video, I made two clips of the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQmuyYi4y_I

0 Kudos