Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rani-k
Reel Rookie

Re: Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

It has been over a year and I just want to say again that the solution of 'Factory resetting and not setting up a connection' still works wonderfully!

This is of course assuming you don't want to ever use any of the online features of the TV, which may be a bit excessive for something like this.

Roku or TCL should really look into this, and not have it constantly try to keep a connection running when not on the main menu. Especially when we've deliberately disconnected wifi/internet.

0 Kudos
Jmarshall1

How do I turn internet wifi off 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Jmarshall1

Thanks for the post. 

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Are you inquiring if you can turn off the wifi on your Roku device or your internet router?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DJ-Dowism

Re: Roku TV Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

Hey - just had this problem and found a better solution worked instead of factory reset:

Bring up the "secret menu": press Home Button (5 times), then FF, Play, Rewind, Play, FF.  From the new menu that appears, got to "Systems Operations Menu", the "Display Menu" and select "LED Brightness Menu".

I put the LED brightness to zero and the blinking no longer appears, though button presses from the remote do still appear faintly. Much better than losing all smart/internet functions just because I don't want to be constantly connected to the internet with it.

link626
Channel Surfer

black electrical tape stuck over the light

solved the problem

looks good too

0 Kudos
Deanking

I can confirm @onthefritz post. Nothing else mentioned in this thread works permanently. You can unplug the tv or reset the network connection but that lasts for about 30 seconds. I use mine in a camper so sometimes I have hotspot and sometimes I don’t. And I lose power when towing so dimming the led only works until you unplug. I can confirm the  nicer remote with some tape on the light solves the problem. 

0 Kudos
ExtremSkr4Evr
Reel Rookie

Thanks for this!! Been looking all over for this answer and it fixed mine too lol. Glad it was that simple! 

0 Kudos
Vanteer

I had the exact same issue today.  I found that if i clear the network password, then type in an incorrect password, it will not connect of course. And so far it no longer blinks.  I also use mine in my RV.  So it's dieconnect from power every move.  I normally have my ipad connected via HDMI so i can stream movies.  I have the TV set to power on to the last used input, so it powers up to HDMI1 and I am good to go.

Perhaps this will work for others.  I also set the system setting to turn off the "night light" option when the TV is powered off.

0 Kudos
slassabe

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
MCWHAMMER
Channel Surfer

Just wanted to thank you for this.  It’s a better option, because you could still connect to Wifi temporarily to occasionally check for updates or use Netflix, but having the blink gone is such a relief.  Black tape over the light is for mentally deficient folks, as a remote can’t work through tape.

http://www.listia.com/?r=40548 - The Free eBay
http://twitter.com/MattChance
0 Kudos