Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GTFan147

Roku TV Activation no Starlink listed in drop down menu

When at the choose your cable provider screen, I do not see Starlink listed anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Activation no Starlink listed in drop down menu

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @GTFan147!

Thank you for sharing your concern about choosing Starlink as your cable provider. We'd be happy to help you with this.

You can manually set up your cable by connecting it to the back of your TV. Please follow these steps:

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the "Ant/Cable In" connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Live TV. You can add Live TV by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up information if Live TV is missing.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

For reference and more details about this, kindly visit our support article dedicated to this: How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

Please also note that your Roku TV is a streaming platform, not a cable provider.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RedneckMS
Reel Rookie

What kind of answer is this ?  I too am trying to setup the tv and my internet provider is Starlink. It is wireless and not listed on your list of choices. What is this nonsense about plugging in a cable?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @RedneckMS.

Thanks for clarifying your concern. We'd be happy to help you connect to your Starlink network provider.

Before proceeding, are you able to see any available network connections on your Roku TV besides your ISP (internet service provider)? If so, how far is your router from your TV? We suggest moving it closer so your TV can find this network. 

Furthermore, let's try to connect your TV to an alternate network connection to see if you can connect successfully. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do. 

You may refer to these support articles to help you with your concerns:

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RedneckMS
Reel Rookie

I ignored the question and it allowed me to proceed.  The TV is working fine.  Explain why Starlink is not listed on your pull down menu.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That question doesn't really do anything other than maybe suggest apps to install.  I'm sure Roku doesn't have a complete list of every possible cable provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.