Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ginniee
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Roku support ticket # #8747102

Hello Roku.  

I've done everything you've ask including a video of the crackling sound and you have not provided a solution.  

This issue is not unique to just me.  I've received numerous responses to this post complaining of the same issue.  

How long am I suppose to do this when the most recent software update (installed Jan 26)failed to resolve the issue.  

All I did was purchase your product and todate I've not been able to enjoy it.

Regards.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ktredshoes,

We appreciate your cooperation!

We have already received your response.

Many thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LCJSTONEWORX
Reel Rookie

streambar experiencing audio/bass distortion and crackling problem

Good day

My Roku started to static on all channels.  No matter the volume.  The product was updated on Jan 16 with version 12.5.5. Tried searching the FAQ, found ppl with same issues but no assistance as to the fix. Our serial number is YL007R17605

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: streambar experiencing audio/bass distortion and crackling problem

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @LCJSTONEWORX!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we're here to find you the best resolution possible.

We are aware of this occurring issue and we'd like to gather more details so we can include your device in the process of review and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you utilize your Roku Streambar again. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blueduck7842
Reel Rookie

i found for my speakers it’s the bass that makes the popping sound so maybe there can be a setting where no bass goes to the speakers and all in the subwoofer 

0 Kudos
RyRy1
Reel Rookie

Subwoofer popping noise popping noise

I have had my subwoofer for over a year now. After update my roku TCL TV went blank as well as the streambar. Had to reset everything including the wireless speakers and subwoofer. Now there is a popping noise coming from the subwoofer. I have spent alot of money on roku. I have done all the troubleshooting for this and still have the issue. Roku needs to fix this. You would expect Roku to get better over time not worse. 

0 Kudos
jennafah

Re: Subwoofer popping noise popping noise

They just keep ignoring it and all they do is post trouble shooting issues, which do not work. I have had audio issues for almost 2 yrs, I contacted them in nov 2022, about it, after dealing with it for 4-6 months. I thought my TV speakers where bad, then thought maybe the roku needed a replacement. I have an older ultra maybe 6/7 yrs old, so I bought a brand new 4k stick, same dam issue, returned it. My audio ether goes super high, low or it screeches and sounds distorted.  backing out and going back in works for awhile, then it doesn't fix it after awhile. I then bought a firestick over the summer, and that worked great, but the past few days it's been having loading issues. So I'm back to using me roku, was hoping the issue would be fixed by now, nope. So frustrating, I like the roku setup better then amazon's. I will never buy another roku because so many are having audio issues and they refuse to fix it.  

0 Kudos
Bozjp
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issues.

Model: 9102R 

Serial number: YL006R161508

Software Version 12.5.5 Build 4174-95

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting your concern regarding the popping/crackling noise you've encountered with the Roku Streambar.

We appreciate you for letting us know about this, and we'll take note of the information you've provided. We'd like to gather specific details regarding this. May we know if this issue is happening with a specific channel or throughout the Roku platform? Further, have you already tried performing a system restart to the Roku Streambar?

Once we have this information, we'll proceed to the necessary steps to address this issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
logancarlile97
Reel Rookie

For me this happens in all apps I use on the Roku. This would include: Plex, YouTube, and any HDMI devices. I have tried reseting everything through the Roku UI as well as unplugging everything and plugging it back in. I have also tried factory reseting and repairing/setting-up all devices.

In addition to the crackling and popping I have also recently noticed that the speaker will become quiet or mute for no more than a second. It is much less noticeable than the crackling and popping but you can tell it is happening nonetheless.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

0 Kudos