Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar speakers with crackling sound

Hi @mwaldrep,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We understand your sentiments regarding the issue you are experiencing, and we would feel the same way. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• When did the issue start?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mwaldrep
Reel Rookie

John,

I purchased the Streambar Pro February 25, 2024 through Amazon and received it a few days later.  I started noticing the crackling and the sound dropping out in the middle of March (after using it for about 3 weeks).  When it happens, I go to Settings to confirm the software is up to date (it always is).  Sometimes, switching channels can resolve the issue, other times I have to reboot/restart the Roku Streambar.

- Mwaldrep

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mwaldrep,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your effort in providing us with the information, and we would like to gather more information. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mwaldrep
Reel Rookie

Device Model:  9101R2 - Roku Streambar Pro

Serial #:  YL002L550220

Device ID:  3K63C2550220

Software Version:  13.0.0. build 24020-95

I will have to wait until it happens again to get a "tracker ID", correct? 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @mwaldrep!

We highly appreciate you for providing us with the requested details precisely! Rest assured; we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding as we work on this. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JORCATROV
Reel Rookie

So, I see a lot of kind words and good intentions, however there is no estimated time for Roku to resolve this issue. Just on this thread posts go back to August 2023.

Are there any intentions from Roku to resolve the issue or are all of us stuck with a good piece of hardware with a very and potentially **bleep** software version?

Potentially all of us bought this product for its good reviews and performance and suddenly we are all stuck with a potential paper weight because of the lack of compromise form the producer to resolve these issues.

I sincerely would love to know if we can expect a fix soon of if we should start to look for some replacement that works as it was intended and keeps working that way.

0 Kudos
mwaldrep
Reel Rookie

Ok - the issue ID I received earlier tonight is ID 20-169-801.  Timestamp:  2024-04-27T22:01:04Z

I'm very interested to know if there is anything that can be done to resolve this ongoing problem.

0 Kudos