Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Solution given to me by Roku Tech Support to my 2nd. Crackling Soundbar

Hello! @mickvalenz,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about the issue you reported and want to let you know that this is not the typical experience we expect from our products.

We wanted to let you know that we have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mickvalenz
Channel Surfer

Thank you very much Arjiemar... My Tech Support Ticket is #8282873, if you want me to forward all communications to you or post them here... Just let me know. The representative was: JV/MX-Wilberto Dimas Canales.

I´m so disappointed and upset with the solution I was given that I was really considering posting the answer received from Tech Support in LinkedIn tagging your C-Suite.

Looking forward to your help, thank you very much again.

Miguel A. Valenzuela

0 Kudos
mickvalenz
Channel Surfer

I was just contacted by Tech Support, there asking me to factory reset my Sound Bar. They said if the problem persists then my bar is broken, which makes sense.

However, it looks like is crackling sound is a common problem. The questions are: Aren´t you able to repair your devices?... If the problem is so common, haven´t you realized there´s a quality problem in your device?. If so, why haven´t you work on offering a repair solution as any other major consumer electronics manufacturer?

I mean, it´s not like your Soundbars are kind of cheap. Otherwise, we buyers would assume we´re buying a low-quality disposable device.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mickvalenz,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We are already looking into the possible issues that a Roku Soundbar is experiencing. Did you perform the factory reset? Did the issue persist?

Please let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brandrsn
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar Crackling/Staticky Playback

Recently my Roku Streambar has started having a constant crackling/staticky sound and the volume seems to fade in and out on its own.  I am always chasing the volume around and the crackling is driving me crazy.  I’ve checked the connections, replaced the HDMI cable, restarted the Roku, factory resettled the Roku, nothing has worked.  I’m at my wits end but I can’t continuing to listen like this.  Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Crackling/Staticky Playback

Hi @brandrsn,

Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention. We're sorry for this experience. 

For our last option in an attempt to resolve this issue, would you mind trying to connect this device to an alternative network such a sa mobile hospot?

Let us know if there will be a difference.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brandrsn
Channel Surfer

Hi Janadee,

I connected to a mobile hotspot and it had no effect on the sound quality.

Thanks, Brian

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @brandrsn.

Another piece of information we'd like to ask is whether the issue is persistent when accessing certain channel(s), perhaps the Hulu app.

Keep us posted, we'd like to investigate further.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brandrsn
Channel Surfer

The issue exists on all apps I’ve tried…YouTubeTV, Netflix, HBOMax, Disney+ to name a few.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@brandrsn,

Thanks for the update!

Could you tell us how long you have been using this device, and when did you start seeing this? Also, does this behavior come up every time you stream content?

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.