cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyAnderson
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar keeps restarting using the wired network connection

Jump to solution

I just setup a new Roku Streambar this afternoon, and from the start it would reboot every few minutes on multiple apps (as others have described it:  the sound stops, then the video freezes, then crash and reboot).

For my setup, I used the wired network connection, with a USB gigabit network adapter, specifically this model from uni:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HGZ2XXQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

As part of my own troubleshooting, I switched to using the wireless network connection, and that seems to have stopped the crashing/rebooting.  (Though, I've waited only through three hour-long episodes of a TV show at the time I'm typing this.)

Is the use of this particular adapter a known problem with the Roku Soundbar, or is there a more general issue with wired network connections?  If it's possible, I'd like to eventually switch back to a wired network connection (to avoid congestion with the kids' many wireless devices), but right now the Soundbar is unusable with the wired connection.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar keeps restarting using the wired network connection

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @AndyAnderson!

We appreciate you reaching out and for providing us with a precise explanation of your concern. Also, congratulations on your new Roku Streambar!

Here's our Support article for more details and further instructions on How to use USB to connect your Roku streaming device to a wired network. This article might help you figure out why your Roku streambar doesn't work on your preferred wired connection. 

Let us know what you find out. We'll be anticipating your update. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @AndyAnderson!

We appreciate you reaching out and for providing us with a precise explanation of your concern. Also, congratulations on your new Roku Streambar!

Here's our Support article for more details and further instructions on How to use USB to connect your Roku streaming device to a wired network. This article might help you figure out why your Roku streambar doesn't work on your preferred wired connection. 

Let us know what you find out. We'll be anticipating your update. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AndyAnderson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As you probably expected, switching out the USB adapter with a TRENDnet USB 2.0 to 10/100 fast Ethernet LAN wired network adapter seems to have fixed my issue.  I've had the Steambar running with a wired network connection for over three hours without a single reboot.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.