SlowikJ
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Sound issues

The sounds will sometimes get out of sync with the picture. The sound will mute sometimes for long periods of time. I have changed the hdmi cord and completed all other suggestions. It is very inconsistent and very frustrating. I can't watch anything completely without some Roku issues. Can I have my money back or a newer version that works. Serial number 2A1274381190

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Sound issues

Hi @SlowikJ,

Greetings!

Thanks for flagging this to us, and we're here to provide you with support. May we know if this issue occurs within a specific channel or throughout the Roku platform? Also, when did you first notice this issue start to occur?

The more details we receive, the better we can assist. 

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SlowikJ
Reel Rookie

It started around a week after I purchased my streambar. The HDMI cable came with the streambar, but I purchased a new one after the issue started. I mainly watch Hulu, but this happens on other channels as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your response, @SlowikJ.

Have you already tried resetting your Roku device? Also, may we know if using this Roku device with other TVs would cause the same issue?

Thanks for your cooperation. Please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OlgaWard,

We appreciate the troubleshooting you took in an attempt to fix this issue.

As mentioned previously, would using this Roku device with other TVs cause the same issue? Also, do you have other external audio devices besides this streambar attached to the TV? Ultimately, have you tried resetting the device?

Please inform us of your findings.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos