TheBees
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streambar Sound Quality Issues

Thanks Kash, how long do they usually take to reach out? We've not heard anything from support yet, and the Streambar is still giving poor quality sound. 

0 Kudos
Rjohns628
Reel Rookie

I tried that before I did the first post
no improvement. I also am using a new HDMI cable and plugged into the ARC port

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rjohns628,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

You seem to have taken plenty of fantastic troubleshooting steps. If the issue still persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps provided, what we can do is escalate this issue to our Support team, and they're the ones who will reach you regarding your problem in the Roku streambar.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheBees
Channel Surfer

Bumping this one up for the moderators - we still have not heard anything from Support. Is there a better way to contact them directly? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
AlecKow
Reel Rookie

Sound quality is always hit or miss with my streambar. Kinda ridiculous since this thing is barely 2 years old. Serial #: YL003F074121

Trying this forum first, then I’ll be calling customer service if this doesn’t get resolved. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AlecKow,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Let us know more about the issue you've shared with us so we can understand it and proceed with the necessary steps for us to better assist you. Is this issue regarding the audio happening to a particular channel or throughout the Roku platform? Also, can you describe what specific audio issue you are experiencing? Furthermore, providing us with a video would be a great help.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlecKow
Reel Rookie

Literally every app on the roku streambar has the audio issues. So no, it is not just one app thats having issues. The streambar makes a popping noise, then the audio goes out. The audio screeches and then sounds very distorted. You name an audio issue and i guarantee we’ve had it happen with this. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AlecKow,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with the Roku Stream bar. Kindly be advised that your information and concern have been passed along to the Support team, who'll reach out and assist you further. We recommend checking your email from time to time to receive their correspondence.

For the time being, we value your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Garmay

I use the Roku stick with a top of the line Sony sound bar and I have the same issues.  Sound gets really low or it gets really loud randomly.  It also will crackle like others have said.  I’m starting to think any Roku products is the problem.  We need an answer on how to fix this 

0 Kudos
Addy543
Reel Rookie

Same problem here. It goes away but it comes back. Roku product quality is very poor and the customer service is no better.

0 Kudos