HelpMeR0ku

Roku Streambar HDMI Audio Output

The Roku Streambar does not send audio output on the HDMI connection.  Roku clearly went out of their way to disable the audio.  Perhaps they did not want to have an audio loop. 

I need to find a way to enable the HDMI audio output from the Streambar to my audio sound system.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
napoleon41
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar HDMI Audio Output

I'm having this issue as well.  XBOX One works great via HDMI audio on my receiver, but nothing from my new streambar.  Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

In addition to have hdmi-arc for audio, you need to refresh the hdmi-cec devices so each recognizes it as cec device. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
napoleon41
Reel Rookie

Tivoburkee

Interesting.  Refreshing the cec devices fixes audio problems?  That's weird.

Refresh it on the Roku or on the AVR?

0 Kudos
jamessss

Interesting.  I need to tap into the audio to be able to share with a hearing-impaired person.  Roku has not made this option available.  In reviewing other comments within this community, many others have the same issue.  Clearly, they are not thinking inclusively.

FarmerEd
Reel Rookie

@jamessss wrote:

Interesting.  I need to tap into the audio to be able to share with a hearing-impaired person.  Roku has not made this option available.  In reviewing other comments within this community, many others have the same issue.  Clearly, they are not thinking inclusively.

I am having the same issue: a hearing impaired person needs noise canceling headphones to enjoy TV.  I have a device which will take HDMI signal, pass it thru to HDMI output AND transmit the audio to a paired Bluetooth receiver (like headphones).  This works fine with Roku Premier, but apparently the 9102X doesn’t output audio, because the headphones are silent.  

I guess the only option is to replace the 9102X with the premier and use the TV audio for the room.  

Holothurian
Reel Rookie

With my old Roku (XS?) I used to have my RF headphones connected to my TV with no issues. Since the Streambar does not pass audio over HDMI to the TV I bought a Roku remote with a headphone jack, paired it with the Streambar and then used the headphone jack on the remote to connect the transmitter base of my RF headphones. A bit clunky but works for my needs. 

LVRob

What is the device that you are having success with? Clunky is better than nothing! Thank you

0 Kudos