Surge_III

Roku Streambar Blinking Orange Light?

Jump to solution

Hi, My Streambar worked fine last night, I've had it about two months. Now it won't turn on. It sits with a solid red light. And when I power Button it blinks Orange. I've hit reset button, same. I've unplugged, same. Roku Streambar 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Surge_III

Re: Roku Streambar Blinking Orange Light?

Jump to solution

Nevermind. Apparently if it has No Internet Connection it won't turn on and just blinks. Which make no sense because It turned on when I initially set it up. 

My internet was down apparently and rebooting router fixed the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
Surge_III

Re: Roku Streambar Blinking Orange Light?

Jump to solution

Nevermind. Apparently if it has No Internet Connection it won't turn on and just blinks. Which make no sense because It turned on when I initially set it up. 

My internet was down apparently and rebooting router fixed the issue. 

0 Kudos
Daleydeal
Reel Rookie

Flashing Orange Light

Jump to solution

Have a month old Streambar,set it up and worked perfectly. The other day it had a flashing orange light and no picture on the TV. You can hear the sound of the buttons being pressed  but no picture or acknowledgement of hdmi channel.  Asked on twitter support and sent a video. They said you would look into it but nothing.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Flashing Orange Light

Jump to solution

Did you unplug it, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, then plug it back in?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Daleydeal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes tried that, tried the reset button. Nothing

alden

Streambar blinking orange light and forces initial setup

Jump to solution

Three times my Streambar is blinking an orange light and when I turn on the TV it forces me through the guided setup, eg pick my language, enter my account etc. Strangely it remembers my wallpaper only.

How do I return this product? I love Roku but I cannot accept this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar blinking orange light and forces initial setup

Jump to solution

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the orange flashing light is not an indicator/associated with an issue with the Streambar.

@Daleydeal Have you tried connecting the Streambar to another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable to see if you are experiencing the issue still?

@alden Is the Streambar constantly being powered or is it being unpowered when not in use?

If either of you are still experiencing an issue, please feel free to provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Daleydeal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice and proving what an idiot I am. Checking the hdmi cable and found out that I had connected the streambar to the PS4 not the TV. Apologies for wasting your time. Great product.

0 Kudos
bubbles2

Jump to solution

I would say it is an issue with the Roku Streambar has I changed nothing but there was a Roku update that made my streambar stop working. It was working, now it is not working. The remote no longer works and will not pair with the streambar. I have read all the how to's -I have tried reset, I have tried unplugging and plugging back in, I have changed the batteries in my remote, I have reset my router. Nada. I have only had the product 6 months and now it does not work. I don't want to have to be a computer programmer to set up a TV.  Your chat guy solution is to send me a new remote which will take 10 days to get here. I have no confidence this is going to work. I am predicting that I will return the streambar and not be using Roku any longer.